• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Display Category Description

Started by icu81mi, July 23, 2013, 09:37:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

icu81mi

Hey all,

Chances are I'm missing something pretty obvious here... I'd like to display a description for one of my categories of products just above the product grid and I can't seem to figure out a way to do it.

For example, we'll say that my store sells pet food and one of my categories is called "Dog Food". When a user clicks "Dog Food" in the navigation bar, I want them to see a page like this:
[Top bar]
[Title][Search bar]
[Breadcrumbs]
[Facets]
***["About our dog food: Our dog food is prepared fresh by world-class chefs who also happen to be dogs blah blah blah"]***
[Product grid]
[Footer stuff]

Seems like this is probably pretty simple, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I'd be equally thrilled if there's a way to change the layout of "ProductsBody.jsp" depending on which category of products the user is viewing. Any help is greatly appreciated!

julie

The storefront application we ship uses the Struts2 / Tiles framework where tiles are used to construct the JSP page. A good place to start would be to familiarize yourself with this technology stack and then everything should become clearer when you look at the storefront JSPs.