• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

PayPal says "Please review your shipping address"

Started by markb, July 16, 2013, 01:21:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

markb

I am testing the PayPal module in my application. The module is in test mode. When I click on 'Confirm Order', I am properly redirected to the payment gateway. Finally when the www.sandbox.paypal.com/us/.... page it says:

"There's a problem with the shipping address you entered on the merchant site, and we've marked it in red. Please change the address, then continue checking out with PayPal.

Please review your shipping address

This merchant requires us to use the shipping address you entered on the merchant site, and there's a problem with that address. Please go back to the site to change the address."

The red highlighted bit is my city and state, which are correct, so I don't see the problem. In the admin app, I have:
-  'Paypal Payment Zone' = none.
- The callback URLs appear to be working.
- 'Test Mode' = true.

Any ideas why PayPal is complaining about the shipping address? Should the payment zone be set to something? If yes, then how do I set it? Thank you in advance for assisting.

ming

Paypal has some confusing rules about addresses & shipping etc....  (I guess they're all designed to minimise fraud).

Have you tried an address in the country that is the same as your seller Paypal Id?   The reason you get that message on perfectly good addresses is usually something like that.

As far as KonaKart is concerned you can leave the Zone as None.

markb

I thought that is what I am doing already, but evidently something is still not right.

Using the KK demo, the admin app PayPal Module page offer PayPal Payment Zones  of only "none" or "Florida". If I wanted to experiment wit that setting, how would I get other choices to appear?

markb

Finally got it working. As it turns out the address for the seller has the full name of the state "MASSACHUSETTS", however PayPal was expected the 2-letter code "MA". Once I changed the state code, everything worked. PayPal's error message was correct and accurate after all. Still have payment zone set to "--none--".

krimisra

I am using Konakart 6.5. I am facing the same problem. I am a seller from India. Paypal check out is giving red marked error for the State and city. This is happening only for US buyers.

Can someone help?

krimisra

I found the issue. When I was using Konakart 4.0, it used to send a parameter no_shipping=1 to Paypal and in that way paypal doesn't check for shipping address and this issue was not there earlier. With Konakart 6.5, it is sending shipping address also. I sell digital products only and for that I don't need to send shipping address. Is there any configuration on konakart 6.5 from which I can set this parameter value?

krimisra

I solved this problem by programmatically  preventing shipping information to goto Paypal. I sell only digital products so I don't need to send shipping address to Paypal. It works for me. For those who sell shipable products want to send the shipping address to, probably sending full state name(e.g. New Jersey instead of NJ) might solve the problem. There may be some programming efforts needed for this.

I hope this helps.