• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

KonaKart Storefront - add to page problem

Started by naeryeo, July 10, 2013, 05:27:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

naeryeo

Hello,

I am running Liferay 6.1.20 EE with KonaKart 6.6.0.0 and have the following problem:
After successfully deploying the Storefront portlet, I get an exception:
javax.portlet.PortletException: Error executing action Welcome

Here is the full stack trace: http://pastebin.com/8pKypFFN.

I have tried for four days the find out what causes it, but with no success.

Does anybody know in which situation does KonaKart throw the previous error?

Brian

I don't recognise the error.

I'm a bit suspicious of the references to org.apache.struts2.portlet.dispatcher.Jsr168Dispatcher because I would have expected those to be to org.apache.struts2.portlet.dispatcher.Jsr286Dispatcher

I have just installed successfully on LR 6.1.1-ce-ga2 but I don't have the LR 6.1.20 EE to try.

In my web.xml I have:

<servlet>
<servlet-name>KonaKart_Storefront Servlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletServlet</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>portlet-class</param-name>
<param-value>org.apache.struts2.portlet.dispatcher.Jsr286Dispatcher</param-value>
</init-param>
<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

Does your web.xml for the konakart webapp contain the same?

Have you tried installing on LR 6.1.1-de-ga2 to see if the problem is related to differences in the LR 6.1.20 EE ?    Maybe there are some incompatible jars present in that version?

naeryeo

Hi Brian and thank you for your reply,

I'm using KonaKart 6.6.0.0, where the storefront portlet's web.xml has a different structure (I've attached it here: http://pastebin.com/h9M5f8Ys).

Strangely, the portlet deploys well on a clean Liferay 6.1.2 instance. There must be something which interferes in this particular case, and was hoping that the error has been encountered by someone else, or a KonaKart developer can help providing the situation in which the error is supposed to appear.

The portlet was created using the -DnoAXIS=true parameter.

Brian

I use:

make_liferay_portlet_war -DLR611=true and -DnoAXIS=true

Your web.xml looks like the web.xml supplied for tomcat not the liferay portlet.

It should look more like mine.   It would appear that your portlet wasn't created or deployed correctly for some reason.

naeryeo

Hi again,

I tried with your arguments:
make_liferay_portlet_war -DLR611=true -DnoAXIS=true
but I obtain the same result - http://pastebin.com/ixgAZdub.

Maybe the web.xml is generated in this way because of the KonaKart version.

I'm trying now with 6.5.1.0, returning in 5 minutes with the result.

Brian

Note that when I'm talking about my web.xml I'm talking about the way it is after a successful deployment...    Very different from yours.

naeryeo

Ok, back with answers:

1. It makes no difference if the war is created with -DLR611=true, and if KonaKart version 6.5.1.0 is used instead of the 6.6.0.0.

2. The deployed portlet has JSR286:
<servlet>
<servlet-name>KonaKart_Storefront Servlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletServlet</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>portlet-class</param-name>
<param-value>org.apache.struts2.portlet.dispatcher.Jsr286Dispatcher</param-value>
</init-param>
<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

Bump...

naeryeo

Another thing - at deployment, the following warnings are printed out:
WARN  (?:registerUpdaterThread:?) Thread Storefront-Cache-Updater - store1 not registered for shutdown - no kkContextListener found
WARN (?:init:?) Thread KonaKartAppEngineServlet - com.konakart.servlet.AppEngServlet not registered for shutdown - no kkContextListener found

Brian

I don't know what the problem is in your case.

I just downloaded the same Liferay version as yours (liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.20-ee-ga2-20120731110418084.zip) and deployed the KonaKart portlets successfully.

I've attached my konakart web.xml after the successful deployment in case that's helpful.

I've verified the latest version (7.1.0.0) and also the 6.6.0.0 version that you're using.  Both deployed fine (Admin App and Struts-2 storefronts).

Both from completely fresh Liferay & KonaKart installations.

naeryeo

Thank you Brian for your help!

Apparently the problem does not reside in KonaKart's implementation, instead in a combination of some of our portlets and patches released by Liferay for their 6.1.2 EE version.

Best regards!

Brian

Thanks naeryeo for the update.  I'm glad you have an explanation and can now proceed to find a compatible configuration.