• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Paypal not available in my demo

Started by markb, July 04, 2013, 08:12:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

markb

I am new to KonaKart. I downloaded the demo, configured it for MySQL, and have it running successfully with very little effort, which is great. Next I would like to test its usage of the Paypal module. I read the documentation for adding a new payment module, even though I am not adding a new one. I made sure that in konakartadmin.properties, the konakart.modules.payment property includes Paypal. However, I do not see Paypal in the admin application nor does it appear in the checkout page's payment method dropdown list.

Have I missed something? Please help.

ming

I'm a bit puzzled...

You should see PayPal in the list of available payment gateways in the Admin App after a normal installation.

You just select it and click on install then fill out the necessary fields and it will become available to your storefront.

Was this a manual installation or using the installation wizard?

Anything strange in your tomcat log?

markb

Surprised I didn't see this earlier. I downloaded the multi platform edition, because I am using Mac OSX. I followed the instructions and got the application running, however the module classes evidently cannot be loaded dynamically. How do I remedy this? Looks like a JAR or some classes are unavailable at run-time.

29-Jun 15:09:50 WARN  (?:loadModules:?) Class com.konakartadmin.modules.payment.authorizenet.Authorizenet not found but defined in file:/usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/konakartadmin/WEB-INF/classes/konakartadmin.properties
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.konakartadmin.modules.payment.authorizenet.Authorizenet
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1688)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1533)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:171)
        at com.konakartadmin.bl.AdminModulesMgr.getModuleInstanceByName(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakartadmin.bl.AdminModulesMgr.loadModules(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakartadmin.bl.AdminModulesMgr.fetchModules(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakartadmin.bl.AdminModulesMgr.refreshConfigs(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakartadmin.bl.AdminModulesMgr.<init>(Unknown Source)

ming

It looks like the the jar is not present.

This is most likely because you didn't follow the manual installation instructions completely.

I'm assuming you're using v6.5.1.0

Look again in the User Guide under the section "Copy the Duplicated Jars".

There's a script to run that copies jars from one webapp to another.  (This is all automated in the wizard installer)

Run that script, restart tomcat and you should not get the class not found exceptions in your log.

markb

Problem solved. Paypal module working now. Thanks very much indeed.