• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Upgrade from 2.2.6.0 to 7.1.1.1 - Image Issues

Started by Chris007, December 05, 2013, 10:32:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris007

Hello,

I used Konakart to develop a site for one of my friend few years ago,  now we have some issue with the checkout process on Chrome and it's also time to enhance the look of this site. When I look at the new version of Konakart v7.1.1.1, we both agree that we need to upgrade to this.

I did the custom install, ran all the migration DB scripts and start Tomcat. Everything looks fine, catalog is migrated correctly (category and product) but the images are not working. I discovered that v6.5 introduced the image UID, upload changed, create multiple images sizes during the upload and create subfolder instead of putting all images in the same folder. Previously in 2.2.6.0, we upload one file and it kept the same name in one folder.

Is there a way to migrate all my images automatically to the new image format? Did I miss something during the migration process? If we upload each product image manually again in the admin of the new version, the system creates all the stuff necessary but we have 2000 products and this task could be very long and painful.

Thanks for your help,
Chris

ming

Hello Chris,

Yes, there are certainly changes to the way images are handled in v7.1.1.1 compared to v2.2.6.0.

If you don't want to change the placement of the images yet still want to see them in the Admin App, Enterprise users can set the Admin App to show the old-style images panel - see konakartadmin_gwt.properties:

# Original version was version 1;  Latest and default version is 2
#fbc.g.kk_panel_editProduct.images.tab.version                = 2

The new (v7.1.1.1) storefront will expect images in the new format and with the new naming conventions.  The Admin App will expect the same.

Loading them manually is a solution but I see you have 2000 - that would take rather a long time.

Alternatively you could write a little program that uses the Admin API to scale the images to match the new requirements of v7.1.1.1.    To see what you would need to do there you should create a new product and upload an image then look at the values saved on the product for images (product_UUID,  product_image_dir) and see what's created on disk.   Your program should match what this does.  Look in konakartadmin_gwt.properties for more details on the default image set-up.