• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Store applicable products within OrderTotals

Started by tduffey, December 03, 2012, 04:17:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tduffey

This is a pretty low-level request but we have a need to know which products are applicable to each OrderTotal instance, specifically for things like Product and BOGO discounts. However, I can see it being potentially useful information outside of those two. To implement this we created our own OrderTotalWithProducts class and then had to modify/replace your ProductDiscount and BuyXGetYFree classes to use and populate the OrderTotalWithProducts instances.

We need this information because we have to integrate with a third party fulfillment center that requires us to send the order details as XML. I'm sure every integration is different but this particular one requires us to adjust the prices of individual items when promotions are applied so we need the above details.

Our patch for this is against 5.2.0 but looking at the latest 6.3.0 order total code things look roughly the same so let me know what you think and if you'd like any code from us.

Tom

ryan

Hi Tom,

Please go ahead and post your code to http://www.konakart.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html . I'm not 100% sure that I understand what you've done, but I'm sure that once I see the code, all will become clear !

Thanks.