• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Konakart in JSF

Started by prabal77, September 17, 2012, 06:23:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prabal77

Disclaimer: i am new to this software and haven't explored all the api's yet.

I want to develop an ecommerce site in JSF using konakart engine (as i am  not very well versed with Struts). Want to use the Client Api's more than calling service api's as my work will be less. Will konakart client apis support JSF, as i need to develop the site quickly with less of rework.
Actually i am in a dilemma and  looking for a suggestion on which will be faster rewriting the struts code in jsf or learning struts(working knowledge) and use the same.
Need some quick suggestion

ryan

JSF is not a problem as you can see here https://raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org/rfl/forms/shop/shop.jsf .

If you write directly to the server APIs, you have more flexibility since the client engine was built to support the functionality we supply in our standard store front application. If what you see in our store-front app, satisfies your requirements then using the client engine will save you time because it caches some data and contains useful code to help out with things like paging etc.

The quickest approach may be just to modify the struts app we supply, even if your knowledge of struts is limited. It really depends on how much you need to customize it.

prabal77

Thanks for the quick reply ryan.. will go with the struts implementation. The sample store front code is quite good for any small e-commerce website.
A suggestion: Konakart can also be provided with a JSF store front application, as JSF is standard and many pluggable component suites are available in JSF. Any future plans for the same??