• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

User uploaded products

Started by pro, July 28, 2012, 09:16:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pro

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a way for registered users to upload a product to a preset product category and have them sell it while taking a commission out of it?

Thanks!

ming

You can do things like that if you want but you would have to build your own code that uses the KonaKart APIs to insert the product and handle the commission in the way that you require.

pro

since I have quite limited coding experience and just starting out to learn. What qualities would I need to look for in a developer to be able to build these functions. Also, what would be a good guess as for the pricing and timeframe?

ming

If you plan to build on the Struts storefront provided in the download (rather than building your own storefront in some other technology) you would need someone with Struts/JSP/Java & General web programming experience.

Pricing & Timeframe?   It all depends how much you need to change on the default store that you've downloaded.   Perhaps you could define that carefully and send it out to a few developers for some quotes?