• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

admin customization

Started by joel, November 21, 2007, 11:19:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

joel

Hi,

I am interested in konakart to develop an ecommerse app that has full intergration into ebay (something many ecommerse apps don't seem to provide incuding osC). I am a java profesional so konakart is a good choice for me except that it doesn't seem possible to customization the admin application beyond adding new modules to either Payments, Shipping and Order Totals, since the main konakart API's are not designed for extension and is closed source!

Please advise if I am missing something and/or how to customize the konakart admin.

Regards,
Joel

paolo

Hi Joel,

We've actually got eBay integration on our TodDo list although I'm not sure of the timing of this yet.

If you wanted to do something like this you'd basically have to implement your own subsystem that works alongside KonaKart. You could add new database tables which you manage and you could use our API to manage the functionality that is already there. If you went down this route, maybe we could think of a way of calling your application from within the KonaKart Admin App to at least have some integration from the UI.

Regards,

Paolo