• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Tax Classes and Shipping

Started by DispatchMediaGroup, June 25, 2012, 08:18:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DispatchMediaGroup

**KonaKart Version Number : 5.2.0.0-C (built 9:03PM 15-Jan-2011 GMT)**

Hey All,

I'm having an issue with my Shipping Module and tax classes.  Basically, as far as I can tell, I can only apply a Per-Item Shipping rate to one tax class - this is undesirable.

I would like to apply a per-item shipping rate to all products, regardless of tax class.  I have many products, some with one tax class, and some with another tax class.  However, all of these products, if they are not free shipping, should have the per-item flat tax rate applied to them, without any regard to their tax classes.

Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?  Should I be using rate tables or some other Shipping Module?  And, of course, of this is an issue which could be alleviated by an upgrade to a newer version of KonaKart, let me know please.

Thanks for helping out!

ryan

I think that there's bit of confusion. The tax class you define for the shipping module is used to determine the amount of tax added to the shipping cost. It doesn't apply to figuring out what items can be shipped.

DispatchMediaGroup

Hmm.  I am definitely confused now.

I thought that a tax class would be something like 'taxable goods' or 'non-taxable goods'.  I'm not sure I understand what you mean by applying a tax class to a shipping module.  Can you expound on that a bit, or perhaps direct me to a resource that could help me?

I've attached some screenshots of my tax setup.  If you had the time and generosity, perhaps you could help me with this a bit?

DispatchMediaGroup

and one more screenshot...

DispatchMediaGroup

is anyone able to help me understand his better, please?  i'm not a dunce, but i'm obviously not picking up on kk's tax/class/zone implementation.

Fabrizio Caiani

I'm not sure to have understand your request.

Below some from my experience with the CE version, I'm not sure is the same with the EE version.

The Tax Area / Tax Zone / Tax Class are usefull to calculate V.A.T. or Taxes that must be applied to the retail price , the "Price Ex Tax" into the Product Details panel of the admin console.

The shipping cost are calculate depending of the :
- weight of the product
- one of shipping modules installed (the shipping method choosed during the checkout phase that is related to the shipping modules installed)
- The shipping address

To have different shipping cost for the same weight but different shipping address (areas or zone) is possible to install the shipping module called "Zones" that allow the configuration of a "shipping costs table" with different cost for different weight ranges for a shipping area, for example US.
In this way, if different products with different weights are into the cart the sum of all the weights is calculate and the price of shipping cost is choosed from the shipping costs table. It Is the tipical  method used when all the product buy are packed into the same pack. If you need that each  products into the cart is packed into its own pack with its own shipping cost , I'm not sure this is possible, I suppose that more than one order  must be done , one for each product.

If you want that taxes are apply to each price of the products into the cart, if I remember well you must set
Configuration-> Stock and Orders -> Tax Quantity Rule = 2 (instead of 1)
(i suggest you to ask to a KK expert a confirmation of this)
Note: From a Display point of view , into the summary of the order only one row will be displayed with the descriptions of the taxes applied , for example if you have 2 product into the cart, the first is a taxable good with a rate of 5% and the second a taxable good with a rate of 21%, something like this will be displayed :

Taxable Goods 5% + Taxable Goods 21%: The amount of the taxes applied to the retail prices.

Best regards.
Fabrizio