• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Calculated quantity of a bundle product

Started by josie, May 22, 2012, 12:25:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

josie

Hi!

One of the 6.2.0.0 features is:
Added option to not calculate the quantity of a bundle product based on the quantities of the bundled products. The option also applies when updating the inventory.

I have 6.2.0.0 EE installed and I haven't figure it out how could I use this functionalitiy - in Admin modul is impossible to update quantity of a bundle product.

I need that for example:
- I have a mobile phone of quantity 70
- I have head phones for that mobile phone of quantity 120

I would like to sell mobile phone with head phones at a special price, so I created a bundle. But I would like to sell max. 35 of them. Can I set this rule in Konakart and how?

Best regards,

Josie

julie

It applies when getting a product using the application. If a bundle consists of many products, each of which could also be bundles, the process of calculating the quantity can be time consuming so you have the option of not making the calculation if you aren't concerned about the quantity or for example it's a digital product.

In your case KonaKart will calculate the quantity of your bundle to be 70. If you want to stop selling the bundle after you've sold 35 of them you can detect this from the product attribute called "ordered" and when you detect it you'll have to disable the add-to-cart button on the store-front app. You could store the max sellable number in a product custom field so that the disable button code can be used for all products that have that custom field set.

josie