• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Customise konakart to support multi-currency with PayPal

Started by innes, March 19, 2012, 08:34:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

innes

Hi all

I see a number of posts (including a previous one from myself) relating to multi-currency support.  However, these seem to relate to reasonably old versions of KK, so I thought I would ask the question again to get the latest guidance.

My customer wants to enable multi-currency in KK using the existing multi-currency setup but with the additional step of also passing across the user selected currency and associated Order value to PayPal.

I notice from previous postings that KonaKart made the design decision not to expose this, as it is not guaranteed that all Payment Gateways support multi-currencies.

Debugging the checkout process suggests that the default currency & value are set in the Order in com.konakart.bl.OrderMgr.createOrderWithOptions, which is not part of the KK Open Source code.

Is there a recommended way to customise KK to support this functionality?

I have looked at a number of approaches (using custom fields, adding a conversion in the PayPal module) but the Order Total is used in multiple places like Order History & customer emails which means I need to make changes in multiple places to ensure consistent messages to the customer.  Ideally, I would like to change one place that works with the existing KK code to replace the default currency & value in the Order with the customer selected currency & value.

Regards,
Innes

ryan

What you could do is to modify the order that you get back from the createOrder() method to change the currency and convert all of the prices using the same conversion rate that was used to display them.

When the order gets saved it should save the modified prices which I think is what you want so that any reports, mails etc using the order information will pick up the new prices.

innes

Hi Ryan

Thanks for the reply.  Sounds like a plan, I'll let you know how it goes.

Many thanks,
Innes