• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Source Code

Started by lolita, November 15, 2007, 05:55:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lolita

Hi,

I am working for a midsized company and am trying to cusotmise your product and add some additional functionality.But I noticed that some of the source classes such as app/,appif/ are not available.I am trying to add the following functionality to the konakart application:

1.Express checkout similar to one page checkout.
2.Providing the promotion code.
3.Saving favorite items in the cart.
4.Sorting products by price range.
5.Saving credit card information.
6.Product to be specified as a gift.

How can I acheive this without modifying the source classes.

Please advice.

Thanks,

pete

Hello,

Quote1.Express checkout similar to one page checkout.

We provide all the source code for the one-page checkout.  Perhpas you could study that and figure out a way to implement what you want to do.   Alternatively, you have all the JSPs so you can presumably modify these to create the page the way you want.

Quote2.Providing the promotion code.

Not sure what you mean here.  We already have promotions and coupons.  Are you sure this isn't already provided for you: See http://www.konakart.com/productdetails.php (under promotions) and http://www.konakart.com/configurationfaq.php#How_can_I_activate_a_promotion_

Quote3.Saving favorite items in the cart.

Not sure what you mean here.  Please expand.

Quote4.Sorting products by price range.

This is already provided by the API.  It's demonstrated in the Open Laszlo demo application as well - at http://www.konakart.com/konakart_cat_inspector/main.swf
Check the javadoc for details: http://www.konakart.com/javadoc/server/com/konakart/appif/KKEngIf.html#searchForProducts(java.lang.String, com.konakart.appif.DataDescriptorIf, com.konakart.appif.ProductSearchIf, int)

Quote5.Saving credit card information.

Where you put the code depends on when you want to do this.  If at payment time then you can modify the payment gateway module actions to save the credit card information to custom fields on the customer record.  You have all the source for these payment modules.  (You would probably use getCustomer to retrieve the data, then editCustomer to save the updated record).   You could (should!) encrypt it before you save it at this point.

Quote6.Product to be specified as a gift.

Not sure what you mean exactly.  Is that a product that you buy for someone else aas a gift or is it some kind of promotion whereby a certain product is marked as a gift and is provided without charge if some condition is met?? Please expand.

Regards - Pete

lolita

Quote from: Pete on November 15, 2007, 06:43:36 pm
Hello,

Thanks for your clarifications.I have better detailed my requirement below

Quote3.Saving favorite items in the cart.

Creating a wish list of items for the user..storing them even if it is not checked out.

Quote6.Product to be specified as a gift.

Not sure what you mean exactly.  Is that a product that you buy for someone else as a gift or is it some kind of promotion whereby a certain product is marked as a gift and is provided without charge if some condition is met?? Please expand.

Yes it is a gift bought for someone else not like that of a gift card(which probabaly needs to be incorporated in the next phase - Like to know if that is customisable too).Just need to make it as a gift in the cart items and the shipping would take care not to add the invoice.

Thanks,

Regards - Pete

pete

Product to be specified as a gift

The Order Object has 5 custom variables. When the order is saved (look at CheckoutConfirmationSubmit.java) you could set one of these variables to indicate whether it is a gift or not. In the Admin App, the order details, the packing slip and the invoice are all generated using velocity templates. You could modify these templates to add the gift information.

Wish List

This involves adding a new table to associate products to a customer, very similar to basket items. It would make more sense for us to add this feature to our "wish list" and provide it as new functionality in a future release.

Regards - Pete

lolita

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.I was also wondering how to modify the layout without using struts tiles.Can you please help me out with that.

Regards,

trevor

Hi,

All you need to do is to modify MainLayout.jsp which is the jsp that positions the tiles and that produces the standard 3 column view.

Regards,

Trevor

p.s. Very soon we'll be coming out with a new version that will include some skins. We've refactored all of the JSPs to "modernise" them by removing some of the table based layout design and introducing more CSS based configuration.

lolita

Hi ,

Thanks for reply.Can you please elaborate since am trying to fot the code into a div tag based layout as opposed to struts layouts.

Thanks,
Lalitha

trevor

Hi Lalitha,

If you look at MainLayout.jsp you'll see that it lays out the tiles using an html table. You can re-write it using divs if that's what what you want to do.

Regards,

Trevor