• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Install FedEx shipping method

Started by Asset, March 14, 2012, 01:24:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Asset

Dear All,

I have installed "FedEx" shipping method but it doesn't work. I got from FedEx website a test account number and all required data except "FedEx key". Could you please help me in that?

Appreciate your quick response

julie

You need to get the key from FedEx.

Asset

I did now but also it doesn't work

julie

Have you tried switching on debug? Do you get any exceptions? You have the source code of the module so you can debug your way through it.

A reader of your posts needs to be psychic in order to help you since the only information you give is that "it doesn't work" !

Asset

Hi Julie:

After contacting fedex I got all the required data but I am still getting exception:
Could not instantiate the Shipping Module com.konakart.bl.modules.shipping.fedex.Fedex in order to refresh its configuration

Any help in that? Also I have a question, all the provided shipping modules return only calculation rates based on zone, right??

UPS the only one that we can export the order to an xml files and agree with UPS WorldShip on the  directory where KonaKart exports its orders to  let UPS import the order details and start handling it, right??

Appreciate your quick response

julie

QuoteAfter contacting fedex I got all the required data but I am still getting exception:
Could not instantiate the Shipping Module com.konakart.bl.modules.shipping.fedex.Fedex in order to refresh its configuration

Does the rest of the exception give any clues why ?

QuoteAlso I have a question, all the provided shipping modules return only calculation rates based on zone, right??

The shipping modules can decide whether to return a quote based on the zone. Whether they calculate the rate based on the zone depends on the module itself.

QuoteUPS the only one that we can export the order to an xml files and agree with UPS WorldShip on the  directory where KonaKart exports its orders to  let UPS import the order details and start handling it, right??

KK allows you to export the order regardless of the shipping module being used.

Asset

QuoteDoes the rest of the exception give any clues why ?

Here is all the exception I got:
Could not instantiate the Shipping Module com.konakart.bl.modules.shipping.fedex.Fedex in order to refresh its configuration.

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.konakart.bl.modules.shipping.fedex.Fedex.setExcludeServiceMap(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.bl.modules.shipping.fedex.Fedex.setStaticVariables(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.bl.modules.shipping.ShippingMgr.refreshConfigs(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.updateCachedConfigurations(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.bl.EngineConfigCacheUpdater.updateConfigs(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.bl.EngineConfigCacheUpdater.run(Unknown Source)

Asset

So sorry I will set the exclude Service type and try again