• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Configure Spring 3.0 and Hibernate 3.0 with Konakart Java API

Started by Ketan B, March 16, 2012, 11:08:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ketan B

Hello All,

I have gone through KONAKART_HOME/doc/ KonaKart_User_Guide.pdf.

I have done following things

1. I run ant build command and now Konakart jars are avalable inside KONAKART_HOME/custom/jar/ folder
    I'm considering all the jars available inside jar folder are the Konakart Java API (Please correct me if misunderstood)

2. I have also ran make_eclipse_project and generated and imported eclipse project in STS.
  I have seen some Struts stuff in the project.

Now, I want to create an application which will be based on Spring 3.0 , Hibernate 3.0 without Struts and will be using Konakart Java API.

How can i proceed further ?

Shall i just create New project configure it with Spring 3.0 and Hibenate 3.0 and include all Konakart Java API jar to project lib
and start coding ? or Using Struts is compulsory?

Please guide me I'm beginner in this.

julie

Using Struts isn't compulsory. Our store-front application communicates to the eCommerce engines through the APIs (Java, SOAP, JSON or RMI). This means that you can build a store front from scratch using whatever technology you wish. Using our JQuery plugin you can even call all of the APIs using AJAX JavaScript calls. Alternatively you can integrate KK functionality into a CMS system, again using the APIs. We have been successfully integrated into many CMS systems and portals using this approach.

If you want to use Spring then maybe you should build a store-front using the Spring MVC controller. A nice feature of KK is that once you've built this store-front it's easy to upgrade to the latest versions of KK since the APIs tend to remain backwards compatible.

Ketan B

@ julie
Thank You for reply.
I understand now I can use any technology.
But you mentioned
"If you want to use Spring then maybe you should build a store-front using the Spring MVC controller. "
Can you please give me some direction on this.

ming

You should go to a Spring MVC forum/website for that - there's lots of material on the web to help you with that...

Ketan B