• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Extra job when showing prices

Started by David, November 13, 2007, 12:27:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hi,

I need to do some some extra things when I show the price of the products in KonaKart and I don't know how can I do that. I was thinking on overwrite the methods getPriceIncTax() and getPriceExcTax() but I don't know if I can do that because I don't know what class I must inherit from. Thanks very much in advance.

Regards,

David

julie

Hi David,

I've no idea how you want to manipulate the prices, but one way of doing it would be to add a java "manipulator object" which you call from the JSP passing it the information it needs in order to calculate a new price. Then the JSP would display this price rather than the one it gets from getPriceIncTax() and getPriceExcTax() .

Regards,

Julie

David

thanks for answering so fast, i'll try that. I hope it works

regards

david

David

I have another question, I'm new to Struts, Jsp's and all web programming stuff and I know that is a very simple question :(

where should I put my .java files and where it should be compiled? webapps.konakart.WEB-INF.classes.com??

Thanks in advance

David

julie

Hi David,

You don't need to deploy your java files . Once compiled they should be placed under webapps/konakart/WEB-INF/classes. If your java class has a package com.david.custom then you need to create subdirectories in the classes directory matching your package name (i.e. a com directory that has a david directory that has a custom directory). Get the picture ?

Regards,

Julie