• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Canadian Tax Rate Calculation & Display To Cart/Invoice

Started by LawrenceWebS, January 16, 2012, 02:25:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LawrenceWebS

Hi Everyone,

We recently purchased the KonaKart Enterprise Edition and started enabling the necessary modules in KonaKart Admin to create and process an order.

When we enabled the Tax module, I notice that the tax calculation are combined. In Canada, we have two types of tax, a GST (Government Service) and a PST (Provincial Sales). Each is calculated individually from the total order amount. I setup the GST (5%) and PST (7%) to have a priority of 1 in the tax rates portion of the Konakart Admin. This is a main requirement in our province to do business online.

For Example:
In Manitoba, the PST, like GST, is calculated on the retail price only. The two taxes are then added to the retail price for your total.
Retail price:   $100
GST (5%):   $5
PST (7%):   $7
Total:                  $112

I would like to know if Konakart Enterprise Edition has a Tax Module designed for the Canadian market? Is there anybody with similar situations?
Or do we need to customized the current tax module to achieve this calculation and display in the Konakart Order Total Page and Invoices?

Thank you.

julie

LawrenceWebS

Quote from: julie on January 16, 2012, 02:40:01 pm
http://www2.caaquebec.com/boutique/Welcome.do are Canadian. Not sure if they had to do anything special.

Thanks Julie. I checked the website and they use the One Page Checkout process with no customization on the Tax Module calculation.

LawrenceWebS

Also Julie, this company is from a province that has only one tax, which doesn't work for us because we have multiple taxes...

Fabrizio Caiani

Even if a long time is past from the last post, I leave some note and suggestions.

Consider that I have the CE and not the EE, but I have made a test that probably is usefull for this problem:

All the Tax Rates must be created for the same Tax Area (or Tax Zone) and  associated to the same Tax Class.

In this way is created a sort of cumulative tax (the sum of all the different tax rates) that is applied to the retail price.

For example suppose to create the tax rates with:
- Description = GST (5%)
- Tax Class = Taxable Goods
- Tax area =  Manitoba Tax Area (you must to create this before)
- Rate = 5
- Priority = 1

and

- Description = PST (7%)
- Tax Class = Taxable Goods
- Tax area =  Manitoba Tax Area
- Rate = 7
- Priority = 1

Will be displayed something like this:

Product Quantity = 1
Product Price = $100
GST (5%) + PST (7%) = $12
Total = $112

Ensure you have installed in:
Modules->Order Totals

Tax and Sub-Totals modules

In case of Tax modules , Display Tax radio button must be set to "true"

Configuration-> Display Prices with Tax must be set to true.

Finally if you want that calculations are applied item by item and not to the sum of all retail prices of several item into the chart, if i remember well you must set

Configuration-> Stock and Orders -> Tax Quantity Rule = 2 (instead of 1)
(i suggest you to ask to a KK expert a confirmation of this)