• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Malfunction

Started by Speedy059, January 13, 2012, 06:32:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedy059

I'm currently running the latest stable version of KonaKart and have ran into a problem. During the checkout process when ordering, it presents this error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately we have encountered a malfunction.
Please contact the system administrator.

Click to Show Details >>

Click to Hide Details <<

The details of the malfunction are :

Exception Name = com.konakart.app.KKException
Exception Message = org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource 'C:/Program Files/KonaKart/templates/store1/OrderConfPaymentSuccess_en.vm'
--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a linux install, so there obviously isn't a C path to anything. However, when I look on my webapps folder in tomcat there is no "templates" folder in the konakart folder. I think it's looking for the OrderConfPaymentSuccess_en.vm in the C:/ because in the Admin Viewer under "Velocity Templates" it has "C:/Program Files/KonaKart/templates". Does anyone know the correct path for linux? I can't even find a "OrderConfPaymentSuccess_en.vm" file in the entire installation. Am i suppose to have this file, as it wasn't in the .zip package of konakart.

Thanks!

kate

That velocity template is in the 5.5.0.2 zip package in precisely the location mentioned in that error so I don't know why you don't see it.   (I assume you are referring to the 5.5.0.2 version - it's more helpful if you specify the version number you're using).

If you use the zip installation you have to be prepared to configure it properly for your platform (Linux, Windows...)

This is one reason why it's advisable to use the wizard installer which does a lot of this configuration for you automatically.

DanG

Hey, I am new to this forum and to KK application, But I believe you did the same thing we did in our development environment... We built our database from an install on a windows 7 system then tried to use that DB on a Linux system install of KK. There is a table in the DB (I believe called configuration, that stores resource paths. If you go in to the table you can change the base-path part of these values to use your Linux install paths. I do not know if the is a configuration value somewhere else to override the db (KK, That is a suggestion; if there is not).

But realize that changing these values breaks anyone trying to use the same DB from windows.

Hope this helped.

DanG

To be clear...

When I said "...same DB from windows."

I meant same DB from a separate windows installation of KK, it has no effect on using the application from a browser on a windows system.