• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Future developments

Started by andrea.castelli, November 28, 2011, 11:04:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

andrea.castelli

Hi everybody, this is an open discusssion.

I completed my first experience with Konakart. I found it very interesting and valueable.
I would like to address the future development of the team explaining certain point I found not very easy.

1- provide an example of a checkout with unregistered user without using GWT.  I found GWT powerful but not easy to approach (the skills required are high to manage it and the  development time increase too much).

2- provide easy methods toload state when countries is loaded.

3- provide message/warning when a coupon entered doesn't match the parameter required (max usage, not valid)

4- allow to the admin the possibility to better personalize the admin interface for the product. (for example hide unwanted tab or cells)

5- (don't hate me) the login panel of the admin interface is awful. I can't show it to 1 thousand dollar customer that panel. I'm a developer and I know how much is hard make a stable platform. But the end-user see only that panel.

What do you think about these points? HTH.

Thank you.
Best regards.
Andrea

julie

Hi Andrea,

Can you send us a link to your store? We' love to see it.

Quick points:

2) Didn't "public ZoneIf[] getZonesPerCountry(int countryId) throws KKException;" work for you?
4) We provide some of this in the Enterprise version using File Based Configuration.
5) We've shown it to many $1B+ customers without a problem.  :)  It only consists of a user name and password so I don't understand what could be so "awful" about it.

andrea.castelli

Hi Julie,
I can't show it because it is still on test.

andrea.castelli

Hi Julie,
I can't show it because it is still on test. (I  pressed Enter too soon  in my previous message)

2) I didn't you used states. I deleted them for all the countries.
4) Perfect.
5) Please visit the login panel in this site www.gmail.com  (without registration)  :)    I think you already do that.  Don't say that the appeal is the same. I'm not a graphical designer, I can't help you improving it.

HTH

I'm happy of your feedback.

Andrea

julie

Hi Andrea,

Looks like we're having a bit of a communication problem....

You asked:

2- provide easy methods toload state when countries is loaded.

I replied:

2) Didn't "public ZoneIf[] getZonesPerCountry(int countryId) throws KKException;" work for you?

You replied:

I didn't you used states. I deleted them for all the countries.

If you deleted the states, no wonder you couldn't load them  :)

Regarding the login screen, they say that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so it's difficult to argue this. However, trying to keep an objective view, the GMail login screen just has user name and password entry fields with some publicity telling you how good it is. Is it publicity that you'd like to see in the login screen? I'm really curious to know what you'd like to see there. Bear in mind that this is an Administration Application  intended for Store Administrators and not for the general public like Gmail.

andrea.castelli

Hi Julie,

2- It is a bit difficult to explain. If a user select Switzerland the state field is not loaded in the front-end store. He press submit and voilĂ  it is filled. So I decided to let the user to fill the state himself (by typing on the keyboard). Quick and very dirty. I know.

5-"beauty is in the eye of the beholder", yes, I agree with you. So just an example: if you enlarge your screen the field for the password expand it. I never found this behavior in other programs.  Then I always saw the login button on the right. But  another example: press the cancel button. What does it happen? nothing.
But  I understand your point of view and I understand how much is difficult to create an e-commerce (and I decided to use konakart after a software selection).

HTH,
best regards.
Andrea

julie

QuoteBut  another example: press the cancel button. What does it happen? nothing.

I've just tried it, and it seems to clear the username and password fields. What were you expecting it to do ?

andrea.castelli

For me is not useful.
I prefer this:  http://demo.magnolia-cms.com/demo-project.html
As you said "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Andrea

julie

Did you integrate KonaKart with Magnolia in your project ?

andrea.castelli

Not yet. Probably one of the next projects. Before to do this step I try konakart on the job with simple but real projects.

Andrea

julie

In our next major release we should be introducing a jQuery plugin enabling you to call the KK Store-Front API from JavaScript AJAX calls. This will allow you to easily integrate KK eCommerce functionality into any web based application alongside some fancy jQuery special effects.

You may find this useful for integration with Magnolia.

andrea.castelli

Thank you. This is a very good news.
Andrea

andrea.castelli

Now my work is on production environment:

http://shop.gialdi-brivio.ch

Andrea Castelli

kate

It's a very nice site Andrea - well done !    Hopefully our v6.0 release will be out within a few weeks and you can take advantage of some fancy jQuery features to make it even fancier!