• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Benefits of Adding new Payment Module like existing konakart payment

Started by Asset, October 31, 2011, 01:06:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Asset

What are the benefits that i am going to gain if i make my new payment module like the one already in Konakart as [authorizenet,payjunction,yourpay..etc] taking into consideration that i will just use cash on delivery (cod) & credit card (cc) and i don't want to permit the admin to (control payment module) by enabling or disabling my payment module?

If i made my own action (control & business logic) and saved payment details information and then connect directly to payment gateway is it the best practice?

Or there are other advantage -than admin control on Payment module- of creating payment module as the one already in Konakart

ryan

The main benefits are that you can take a developed payment module similar to the one you need to develop and just modify it. In this way it fits directly into out framework and should be a lot less work for you.

Asset

Thank your for your quick reply, i need to know if i don't follow these steps and make my own code, does this will impact other modules like Order invoices, payment information...etc

Does it will impact other modules if i used my own payment code instead of coping an existing [and didn't follow the steps of creating payment module as an existing one]?

ryan

It shouldn't impact other modules as long as you don't break things. However it's not clear to me why you are even contemplating creating a payment module outside of our framework. I don't see any advantages in your approach, just disadvantages.