• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sending OrderConfirmation email to multiple recipients

Started by Kim.Zeevaarders, October 25, 2011, 03:17:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kim.Zeevaarders

Hi everybody,

We would like to send the orderconfirmatrion email to multiple email adresses. These email addresses are dynamically determined.

Looking through the API I cannot find such a method since almost all of the email methods send the mail to the customer.

Any pointers on how to accomplish this?

Thx in advance,

Kim

trevor

You can blind copy to a list of pre-defined addresses.

What type of algorithm do you use to determine who to send the Mails to? I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult for us to add an array of eMail addresses to the EmailOptions object to allow you to do this. Alternatively I suppose you could define rules in an eMail server to do the forwarding.

Kim.Zeevaarders

Trevor,

The addition of an array of email addresses to the email options would be THE solution for our problem. When will this be included? This seems like functionality that  everbody can profit from.

For now:

If I look at the admin app and then the email options I see the field 'Send Extra Emails To'. Is this what you mean by predefined set of email addresses? How many addresses can you define there? For now, we need a solution to send the orderconfirmation email to multiple (<3) recipients. So, I was thinking about dynamically setting the predefined addresses you mentioned. How can I access these predefined addresses via the API?

Thx,

Kim

trevor

QuoteThis seems like functionality that  everbody can profit from.

Nobody has ever asked us for this and you haven't explained your use case. i.e. Why do you need to change the recipients every time an order comes through.

QuoteIf I look at the admin app and then the email options I see the field 'Send Extra Emails To'. Is this what you mean by predefined set of email addresses?

Yes

QuoteHow can I access these predefined addresses via the API?

They are kept in a config variable so you just need to change the value of the config variable called 'SEND_EXTRA_EMAILS_TO' . Note that these eMail addresses will apply globally for the engine.

Kim.Zeevaarders

Trevor,

We need this because certain types of orders are processed by different business units. Trigger for this processing is the email.

Judging your other reactions we cannot use the predefined addresses because, as you say it, they are global for the engine. This is not going to work for us.

For the moment, it looks like the desired functionality is not possible unfortunatley.

Thx for the help.

Regards,

Kim

trevor

Why don't you add the functionality to the order integration mgr? It gets called every time an order is saved or changes state, so from there you can figure out the business unit and send it on.

trevor

Actually a more robust way for your requirements would be not to use eMail at all but to get the Order Integration Mgr to put the orders on different Apache MQ queues which can be read by the various business units. In this way no orders will ever be lost.

Kim.Zeevaarders

Trevor,

The order is already sent to the correct unit. The email is the (extra) trigger for the administrative people to process the order from within another system.

Thx for the reaction.

Regards,

Kim