• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

integration with existing website ...

Started by Anni, November 09, 2007, 11:06:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Anni

hi,

I'm want to integrate konakart with an existing website, which runs on a windows 2003 server. my question to this is, where I have to install konakart. would it still be "c:\program files" or do I have to set it up where the website is located?

regards

Anni

hi again,

any suggestions? please, I really need help with this. I've tried both options now. installing it in program files didn't work at all and installing it within the website's folder also seems to be wrong. I can still access everything via localhost but not via the site's address (like www.whatever.com/konakart).
do you have any ideeea what I could have done wrong?

regards,
anni

pete

Hello Anni,

Please can you be a bit more speciifc about what you are trying to achieve by "trying to integrate konakart with an existing website" ?

You can install KonaKart almost wherever you like.

When you report that "it didn't work at all" please can you be a little more specific.  For example, was there an exception in the tomcat log?

Regards,
Pete

Anni

hi pete,

thanks for answering. my problem is as follows:

I'm trying to set up a bookshop for the company where I'm working at the moment. that company already has a website. the bookshop is supposed to go along with it and will be installed (better: is installed) on the same server and the website would have a link to its shop. however, as I've currently done it, I can't access the shop other than via localhost. and that, of course, only works from the server itself. what  I want to do is typing www.whatever.com/bookshop and actually get there. at the moment it would just try to access that folder and tell me that I'm not allowed to see the contents, when I try it from somewhere else. hope that clarifies everything a little.

and as for "it didn't work at all" it was just nothing happening. now errors, no warnings, no startup. aafter today's reinstall this problem seems to be solved, however.

regards,
anni

pete

Hi Anni,

By default, KonaKart listens on port 8780.  Is that port being blocked?

Your existing web site is probably listening on port 80.

Regards - Pete

Anni

November 12, 2007, 11:55:33 am #5 Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 12:11:32 pm by Anni
hi pete,

thanks for the reply. so, do you thing it would suffice if I change the port number to 80? I'll just try it.

---edit---

tried that but as it's already used I got two exceptions. a java.net.BindException and a LifeCycleException.  so I'll try to find out if the other port is just blocked. or do you have other suggestions?

regards,
anni

pete

Hi Anni,

No - you can't have two programs listening on the same port like that.   Your existing server is probably listening to port 80 so if you make KonaKart listen on port 80 there would be a clash and both could not work at the same time.

There are techniques to forward requests to other ports from web servers... They are standard techniques that you can read about in 100s of places on the Internet.  They will be specific to your web server.

Regards
Pete

Anni

hi pete,

ok, thanks for that. I'll try to find some of these pages.

regards,
anni