• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Changing Product Type

Started by Manu, October 14, 2011, 04:51:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Manu

Hi everyone.

My problem is simple : I'd like to create new types of products (using the products_type field). For exemple, I'd like to add a new product type "No shippable product".

In release notes you said "Made the product type search droplist (Admin App Products Panel) configurable using the Hidden Product Types configuration variable." but I can't find this famous "Hidden Product Types configuration variable". Is it in a configuration file or something ?

Thx in advance

ryan

You can't create your own product type although you can decide which product types to display in the admin app drop list. i.e. If you don't deal with bookable products you can decide not to display the option.

The reason that you can't create your own is because the KK engine acts differently depending on the product type and so if you were to create your own we wouldn't know how to deal with it. i.e. We wouldn't know if it is a physical product or a digital product or a bundle etc.

If you want to keep track of something such as "not shippable", then use a custom product field. If it's shippable in some stores and not in others, then use a store custom field (a product custom field that can take a different value depending on which store it is in).