• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Reset Passwords not working in 5.5.0.0

Started by bubba64, September 04, 2011, 09:25:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bubba64

I was hesitant in posting this thinking it was just a problem on our site upgraded to 5.5.0.0. But I have duplicated the same problem using the plain vanilla windows installation KonaKart-5.5.0.0-Windows-Setup.exe.

Only changes made were to configure the email options to allow for sending email (no changes to templates, etc). The emails are received just fine, including the new password, however, the password contained in the email will not work for the customer email whose password was reset.

Has this problem been seen before?

kate

I've just tried this and couldn't reproduce the problem.

What are your platform details?  Ops Sys?, DB?, java?

bubba64

Windows 7 (x64) sp1
Mysql 5.5.1.15 (x64)
JDK 1.6.0_23
Default Konakart 5.5.0.0 installation

I checkout as a new customer with a random product from the default installation (not using one page checkout--it hangs). I have tried resetting the password through konakartadmin (reset password) and also through konakart (forgot password). In both cases, the 5 character password is emailed and received, however, it is not accepted when attempting to login to 'My Account' or checkout. The message is displayed "No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password." I have tried the process over and over again with new customers and get the same result.

I will glady test any ideas you have.

julie

I've just tried on a similar configuration to yours but couldn't reproduce.

bubba64

I will do it again on another computer.

It is happening on a production site upgraded to 5.5.0.0 and also on the default installation I am trying to trouble shoot. Is there any output or classes I should be looking at to see what might be happening? A new password gets generated, but the system no likey.

kate

We have failed to reproduce on our demo or on our own local systems.

When you get your password back in the email, you're not using the period (".") at the end as part of your password are you?

This is not part of the password. 

I think we'll remove that period in future versions.

bubba64

I am not using the period '.' That is for sure.  :)

julie

Have you tried this on our demo web site? I've just tried it there and it seems to work. It's using 5.5.0.0.

bubba64

Yes, I was able to do the password reset on the demo site, that is why I tried a default installation (I was able to duplicate the one page checkout hang on the demo site). I am currently installing konakart 5.5.0.0 on another computer that has never had any version konakart installed. I will report back shortly.

bubba64

Just installed a fresh copy of 5.5.0.0 on a machine that never has had konakart (or mysql for that matter):

Windows 7 x64 xp1
JDK 1.6.0_26 x64
MySQL 5.5.15 x64
JAVA_HOME = c:\java\jdk1.6.0_26
KK Install location: c:\Konakart5_5
DB name: test5_5
Default demo data built into database.

1) Configured KonakartAdmin email options to send out email.
2) Went to default site localhost:8780 and added item to cart and checked out.
3) Checkout 'hangs' on continue button when registering first time customer, but still registers customer in KKAdmin.
4) Went to KKAdmin and clicked 'Reset Password'
5) Received password in yahoo email and tried to login to 'my account' with new password (all running localhost:8780).
6) No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password.

No success in using a reset password.

kate

If you go into the Admin App and enable the user in question, then the password will work.   It's not working because the user is not enabled.  It's not enabled because of the problem with the new user registration in GWT in 5.5.0.0 which you reported earlier.

We have seen the problem with the one page checkout new user registration and will fix that and prepare a 5.5.0.1 release very soon.

In the meantime you could switch to using the JSP version of the checkout where the new user registration works fine.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

bubba64

Thanks! I will anxiously await the update release.

julie

September 05, 2011, 10:46:40 am #12 Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:49:14 am by julie
If you are comfortable with building the GWT one page checkout code (or if you have already customized it), you can implement a one line fix and rebuild . The file is called RegisterBody.java and you will find it in custom\onepagecheckout\src\com\konakart\client . At about line 240 you need to add the line in red:

custReg.setEmailAddr(emailTB.getText());
        custReg.setEnabled(true);

custReg.setCountryId(new Integer(countryLB.getValue(countryLB.getSelectedIndex()))
                .intValue());

bubba64

Did the fix in the source and built. Works like a charm now. Thanks!  :)