• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

need help to install konakart on my ide (IBM Rational version 6)

Started by prog_hd, November 07, 2007, 12:19:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prog_hd

hello all
iam java developer wrok in company and we attempt to developing ecommerce site and we would to take konakart as start point and make our custmization on it to meet our clintes requirments
first problem faced me now is how to install konakart on my ide (IBM Rational version 6)

pete

Hello prog_hd,

I've never used that particular IDE so you'll have to provide a bit more information on what you've done so far and what the specific problems are.

I'm assuming, at this stage, you're just trying to run it from your IDE which includes some form of embedded WebSphere AS??

This should all be possible although you'll probably have a little work to do to get the libraries in all the right places at first.

A good starting point would be to install KonaKart using the GUI installer which will give you a working reference platform on tomcat from which to copy jars, create WARs or EARs or whatever your IDE requires.   

Regards,
Pete

prog_hd

thanks pete i acctually do what you say and when i run the konakart i have this exceptions

[11/7/07 14:50:00:953 EET] 0000002b ServletWrappe A   SRVE0242I: [/index.jsp]: Initialization successful.
[11/7/07 14:50:01:000 EET] 0000002b ServletWrappe E   SRVE0068E: Could not invoke the service() method on servlet /index.jsp. Exception thrown : java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.computeURL(RequestUtils.java:521)
   at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.computeURL(RequestUtils.java:436)
   at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.computeURL(RequestUtils.java:396)
   at org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.RedirectTag.doEndTag(RedirectTag.java:294)
   at com.ibm._jsp._index._jspx_meth_logic_redirect_0(_index.java:95)
   at com.ibm._jsp._index._jspService(_index.java:71)
   at com.ibm.ws.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:88)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.servlet.GenericServletWrapper.handleRequest(GenericServletWrapper.java:117)
   at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionServletWrapper.handleRequest(JSPExtensionServletWrapper.java:171)
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.handleRequest(DefaultExtensionProcessor.java:394)
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:2837)
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:220)
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.VirtualHost.handleRequest(VirtualHost.java:204)
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:276)
   at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.sendToDiscriminaters(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:201)
   at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.complete(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:103)
   at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.requestComplete(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.attemptIO(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.workerRun(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Worker.run(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java(Compiled Code))

[11/7/07 14:50:01:078 EET] 0000002b LocalTranCoor E   WLTC0017E: Resources rolled back due to setRollbackOnly() being called.
[11/7/07 14:50:01:078 EET] 0000002b WebApp        E   SRVE0026E: [Servlet Error]-[/index.jsp]: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.computeURL(RequestUtils.java:521)
   at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.computeURL(RequestUtils.java:436)
   at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.computeURL(RequestUtils.java:396)
   at org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.RedirectTag.doEndTag(RedirectTag.java:294)
   at com.ibm._jsp._index._jspx_meth_logic_redirect_0(_index.java:95)
   at com.ibm._jsp._index._jspService(_index.java:71)
   at com.ibm.ws.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:88)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.servlet.GenericServletWrapper.handleRequest(GenericServletWrapper.java:117)
   at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionServletWrapper.handleRequest(JSPExtensionServletWrapper.java:171)
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.handleRequest(DefaultExtensionProcessor.java:394)
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:2837)
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:220)
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.VirtualHost.handleRequest(VirtualHost.java:204)
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:276)
   at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.sendToDiscriminaters(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:201)
   at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.complete(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:103)
   at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.requestComplete(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.attemptIO(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.workerRun(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Worker.run(WorkQueueManager.java(Compiled Code))
   at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java(Compiled Code))

pete

Hi prog_hd,

Could it be that you have incompatible jars being loaded?   

Perhaps you could cross-check with the tomcat installation of KonaKart that you got working to compare the jars that should be used.

Regards,
Pete

prog_hd

what kinds of jar i have to compair (struts jars or servlet jars or tags jars)?

pete

Hi prog_hd,

Go straight to the one causing the conflict  ;)

Of course that's not obvious.   :(

You will have to check each one until it works..  the jars you mentioned are good ones to start with.

Regards,
Pete

prog_hd

are konakart compatible with IBM WebSphere 0.6 and if no what version of tomcat that konakart compatible with

pete

Hi,

KonaKart is a standard Java Web application and as such we know of no reason why it should not be compatible with WebSphere or any other compliant J2EE container.

Our product download comes with an installer that installs tomcat 5.5.17 but I know there are users running KonaKart in a variety of other containers.

Regards,
Pete

prog_hd

i cant anderstand what this exception mean

Could not be defined due to: com/konakart/server/KKGWTServiceImpl (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
This is often caused by having a class defined at multiple
locations within the classloader hierarchy.  Other potential causes
include compiling against an older or newer version of the class
that has an incompatible method signature.
Dumping the current context classloader hierarchy:
    ==> indicates defining classloader
==>

pete

Hi prog_hd,

Could it be that you're trying to run our java 5 code in a 1.4 JVM ? 

Can you set your IDE to use java 1.5 ?

Regards,
Pete