• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Language mixed up (how to set KK Admin to German permanently?)

Started by mathias.lin, June 01, 2011, 03:49:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mathias.lin

There's a similar thread to this, but since it's already old, I start a new one.
http://www.konakart.com/forum/index.php/topic,1211.0.html

I have some issues with the language settings for the Admin. I understand that dynamically changing the language is only available in KK Enterprise, but how do I change the language for the Admin interface to German initially (one-time) and permanently?

The strange thing is:
I have set the customer locale of admin@konakart.com (my admin user) in the DB (customer table) to de_DE, and for the KK frontend, I've set the default to German as well. When I log into the KK Admin and see summary list of orders, the list items (invoiced, pending, etc.) are all displayed in German (German labels like 'Abgesagt', 'in Bearbeitung', etc.)

But that's about it - everything else is in English. Furthermore, and this is strange to me, the velocity templates for the invoices are also looked up by the English suffix (_en), not _de. Why?
So how does the KK Admin decide which template language to take for Velocity? IMHO it doesn't make sense to make this based on the Admin language but on the general default Shop language, which in my case would be German.

How do I change the default language of KK Admin to German? Putting all German values into AdminMessages.properties and AdminHelpMessages.properties does't seem to be right.

mathias.lin

Seems that it was a caching problem. Clearing the cache, closing browser and logging in again works, KK Admin is in German entirely now.

kate

Good.  I just looked into this ( before seeing your 2nd post  :( ) and there should be no problem if you set the default language for the store to german and complete all the translations in AdminMessages_de_DE.properties and AdminHelpMessages_de_DE.properties as you mentioned.