• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Deploy failed on LifeRay 6.0.6 on JBoss

Started by andrea.chiarentin, May 25, 2011, 10:31:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

andrea.chiarentin

Hi all,
i tried to deploy the konakart.war file on my LR installation but i failed with these errors.

2011-05-25 08:26:25,933 INFO  [com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployListener] (com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner) Portlets for C:\liferay-portal-6.0.6\deploy\konakart.war copied successfully. Deployment will start in a few seconds.
2011-05-25 08:26:27,726 INFO  [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment] (HDScanner) deploy, ctxPath=/konakart
2011-05-25 08:26:27,931 ERROR [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.JBossContextConfig] (HDScanner) XML error parsing: context.xml

2011-05-25 08:26:27,962 ERROR [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.JBossContextConfig] (HDScanner) XML error parsing: jboss.web/localhost/context.xml.default
org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBRuntimeException: Failed to create a new SAX parser

what does they mean?
How can i repeair they?

Thanks

Andrea

kate

What ANT command did you use to create the WAR ?

andrea.chiarentin

when i'm in custom directory i type .\bin\ant make_liferay_portlet_war -Djbossliferay=true

kate

Bad luck  :)   That was indeed the right command for earlier versions of Liferay.

I've just tried the LR606/JBoss bundle.

It seems that it has the same kind of jar incompatibilities as with the LR605/tomcat bundle.

Hence, I used this to get it to work:

ant make_liferay_portlet_war -Djbossliferay=true -DLR605=true -DnoAXIS=true

(Yes I did mean LR605 and not LR606 - because I don't think that option will be available in your version.   They have the same effect so use LR605)

This worked for me.

andrea.chiarentin

i tried this command with LR606 but unfortunately the war file wasn't uploaded.

u suggest to download LR605+tomcat and try again?

there is a big difference between LR606 and LR605?

thanks

kate

No, LR606 will be fine.  (tomcat or JBoss).

Try again.   Maybe you could install your LR606 again and with a clean start the konakart.war will load OK?

I have certainly seen many times where a portlet deployment (no portlet in particular) breaks down you end up in a somewhat unstable state and it can be time-consuming to recover from that.

Easier to reinstall LR606 if you can then try again.

andrea.chiarentin

i have a question about LR installation, just to know if i made right step

• downloaded LR606 bounded with Jboss

• extracted it in a folder

• launched run.bat in jboss/bin

it's right?

now i delete all files and try again from start

kate

Yes, that's precisely what I did 2 hours ago  :)

andrea.chiarentin

OMG success!
i've been deploied Konakart user portles! and it looks good :)

but, i have another question what does this message means?

2011-05-25 13:15:38,032 ERROR [com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.SerializableSessionAttributeListener] (http-127.0.0.1-8080-1) com.konakart.al.KKAppEng is not serializable and will prevent this session from being replicated

THANKS!!

kate

OMG ?

Don't sound so surprised  :)

You can ignore that "ERROR".   The application engine object (KKAppEng) is not serializable but we don't want it to be serialized anyway (or the session replicated) for performance reasons.

andrea.chiarentin

Thanks for your help!

What do you think about this error?

kate

Read the integration docs for the Admin App and Liferay.   You need to set up some role mappings.

In v5.2.0.0 this document is can be found here:

custom\konakartadmin_portlet\liferay\doc\Installation.pdf

From v5.4.0.0 it can be found at:

doc\LiferayPortletInstallation.pdf

andrea.chiarentin

I read this document and i try to set up the mapping but it doesn't work!
Admin portlet works fine only whit Liferay Admin login.

kate

My guess is that you haven't set it all up correctly...  have you given your other user KonaKart roles like the admin@konakart.com user has?

To diagnose, try enabling some DEBUG logging on "com.konakartadmin.portlet".. this should tell you what's happening.

I assume you've checked the logs for any exceptions that would also help.

andrea.chiarentin

sorry, have u got a google mail so we can speak by gTalk?
Thanks