• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Trouble Setting Up Coupons/Promotions

Started by Infinite_Reality, May 05, 2011, 09:28:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Infinite_Reality

This is my first time using KonaKart.  I love it so far, but I can't get the coupons/promotions to work properly.  I'm wanting it to take off 66% off the total price of the order with a coupon code.  I've attached an image of my promo setup.  I've also setup a coupon with a code and also made sure it was applied to all my products.  I also did some searching around and found an article that said I need to have a default customer setup, so I did that as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

greg

Just checking....  In the User Guide it says:

Displaying Coupon Entry Fields in your Store
You must set the "Display Coupon Entry Field" to true in the Configuration>>My Store section of the
Admin App.

Have you done this?

What exactly is going wrong?

(BTW:  A default customer should be set up automatically with the versions of KonaKart from version 5.2.0.0)

ming

The User Guide explains a few other steps that you should check:  (wise to check the User Guide for your own version just in case the one I quote here is different to yours):

Did you install the module??

Activating a Promotion

You must follow these steps :

• Ensure that the promotion module that you want to use, is installed. All promotion modules can be found
in the Modules>>Order Total section of the Admin App.

• Create a new promotion in the Products>>Promotions section of the Admin App. The online help
provides extra information and most attributes have floatover text with a more detailed description.
When creating the promotion, you must select which promotion module to use from the Promotion
Type drop list. The configuration data required, depends on the promotion type. Once the promotion
has been saved, it is immediately active as long as the Active check box was ticked and the current date
lies between the promotion start and end dates.

• Rules may be added to the promotion by clicking on the Rules button. When a rule is selected, a popup
window opens where the rule can be configured (e.g. Activate promotion for products belonging
to a certain category). When the pop-up window is closed, the rule is saved and the Promotion Rules
window shows a summary of the rules that have been set.

• If the promotion needs to be activated through a coupon, you can create a coupon by clicking the
Coupons button. The coupon must be given a name and a code (the text entered by the customer to
activate the coupon). The coupon may also be programmed so that it can only be used a defined number
of times. The final step is to enable the coupon entry field in the UI during checkout. To do this you must
set the "Display Coupon Entry Field" to true in the Configuration>>My Store section of the Admin App.

trevor

Rather than the "Product Discount" promotion you should use the "Order Total Discount" promotion if you want a discount off the total price of an order.