• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Problem with installation

Started by joellevy, April 15, 2011, 03:08:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

joellevy

I have JE 6 installed, and mysql with database, go through the windows installation, db connection OK, get to finish stage, create shortcut to run KK.  The program is installed and I have a program group.  When i double click the icon on the desktop, a window comes up with 4 lines about "using catalina and jre...: with file paths and then "Waiting for teh KonaKart server to start" and nothing happens?

Any ideas as to problem?

TIA,

Joel

trevor

Do you get any clues under the konakart\logs directory ?

joellevy

I found deploy.log file with following:

Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\tools.jar
Buildfile: C:\Program Files (x86)\KonaKart\custom\deploymentBuild.xml

copy_jars:

build:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 0 seconds

Thanks for your help,

Joel

greg

In a successful installation the deploy.log file should contain this (ignore the number of files copied)

Buildfile: C:\Program Files\KonaKart\custom\deploymentBuild.xml

copy_files:
     [copy] Copying 87 files to C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib
     [copy] Copying 5 files to C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\classes
     [copy] Copying 11 files to C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\birtviewer\WEB-INF\lib
     [copy] Copying 6 files to C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\birtviewer\WEB-INF\platform\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.1.v20100909\drivers

build:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 2 seconds

The installer runs an ANT task to move some duplicated files around towards the end of the installation.  (The idea is that this makes the download package as small as possible).

In your case this has failed.  You have been unable to run an ANT task.

It looks like your java environment does not have the tools.jar required by ANT.

So..   what to do?...   

1) Set up you java environment with a tools.jar and run the ANT task yourself
    $ cd <KONAKART HOME>
    $ ./custom/bin/kkant -f custom/deploymentBuild.xml

2) Set up the java environment with a tools.jar and re-run the installation

3) Download the zip installation and copy the lib directories from the webapps in those to your own webapp lib directories.  (the zip installation package does have duplicated jars)

4) You could copy these files manually - look at the ANT task (in custom/deploymentBuild.xml) to figure out which files you need to copy.

We will improve the error reporting of installation failures like these in a future version....

heidi

Just in case that wasn't clear...  the points 1) to 4) at the end of Greg's post were options... you don't do all of them... just choose one of them!

omprakash

Hello,

I just installed the Konkart on my local machine. In installation process, everything was fine. Database installed successfully and installation completed successfully. I am also getting the same error as mentioned above. i have tried with re-installation again everything was successful but still getting same error.

As mentioned above i checked Deploy.log file and found that this is also fine.

Contents of deploy.log file are below.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>REM

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>REM Copy duplicate files - Generated by CreateInstallDuplicatesScripts

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>REM

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>REM Copy jars from birtviewer plugins to birtviewer lib

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\birtviewer\WEB-INF\platform\plugins\com.ibm.icu_4.2.1.v20100412.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\birtviewer\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>REM Copy jars from konakart to birtviewer drivers

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\mysqljdbc.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\birtviewer\WEB-INF\platform\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.1.v20100909\drivers\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\postgresql-8.2-504.jdbc3.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\birtviewer\WEB-INF\platform\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.1.v20100909\drivers\
        1 file(s) copied.
I have deleted content from here to reduce the post text count.
C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_shipping*.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_shipping_digitaldownload.jar
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_shipping_fedex.jar
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_shipping_flat.jar
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_shipping_free.jar
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_shipping_freeproduct.jar
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_shipping_item.jar
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_shipping_pickupinstore.jar
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_shipping_table.jar
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_shipping_ups.jar
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_shipping_usps.jar
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_shipping_uspsint.jar
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_shipping_zones.jar
       12 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_torque-3.3-RC1.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_utils.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\konakart_village-2.0.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\log4j-1.2.12.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\logkit-1.0.1.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\mail.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\oro-2.0.8.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\saaj.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\stratum-1.0-b3.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\velocity-1.6.2.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\velocity-tools-generic-1.3.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\werken-xpath-0.9.4.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib\xml-apis-2.0.2.jar "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib\
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>REM Copy AdminMessages from konakartadmin to konakart

C:\Program Files\KonaKart>COPY "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\classes\AdminMessages*.properties "C:\Program Files\KonaKart"\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\classes\
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\classes\AdminMessages.properties
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\classes\AdminMessages_de.properties
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\classes\AdminMessages_es.properties
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\classes\AdminMessages_fr.properties
C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\classes\AdminMessages_pt.properties
        5 file(s) copied.

I did the required r & d but didn't get success. Server start keeps waiting and at browser when opening Konakart getting error "Unable to connect: localhost:8709".

As i understood that webserver is not running that's why this error is coming. I need help from the Konakart experts to resolve this error.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!!

kate

localhost:8709 is non-default.   Did you change that for any particular reason?

have you looked at your processes to see if KonaKart is running?

omprakash

Sorry, this was a typo.

Actually, i didn't change the port. The default port is being used and error is "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:8780." at browser level.

I looked in to the processes but didn't find konakart as process in between.

kate

if you open a command window in your KonaKart\bin directory and enter:

startKonaKart

What happens?

omprakash

When i run the startkonkart command in bin directory of Konakart message displayed in screenshot is being shown.

kate

Do you get any clues in the files in the logs directory ?

omprakash

I looked in to the log. I didn't find anything wrong. I have attached the log file here, you can have a look. As i am understanding that there is problem in Apache Web Server start up. With the konakart installation file, we get Apache Web Server.

• But it does not get clear that where Apache Web Server get Installed.

If i have pre-installed Apache Web Server, then does the Apache Web Server installation of konakart override old one?

If i have pre-installed Apache Web Server on some other port, then Apache Web Server of Konakart will run pre-installed AWS port or new one?

Does this requires any changes in httpd.conf file in this case?

kate

That's not the log file that we would need to see.   

Look at other log files under your logs directory.  If you don't have any then it would appear that your tomcat isn't starting at all.   You can diagnose that by running:

catalina run

in your bin directory.

(This is not the correct way to start KonaKart.   I'm only suggesting you do this to diagnose your problem.    Maybe JAVA_HOME is set incorrectly in your environment??).

The Apache Web Server is not included in the KonaKart download package at all.  You can configure Apache to pass requests to KonaKart if you wish but that's a completely separate issue.

omprakash

Hi,

Issue resoved. Problem was with JVM. JVM was corrupted in previous installation. I installed JDK and konakart again and konakart worked fine.

Thanks!!!!

omprakash

Quote from: konakart on October 14, 2011, 04:47:35 pm
Hi,

Issue resolved. Problem was with JVM. JVM was corrupted in previous installation. I installed JDK and konakart again and konakart worked fine.

Thanks!!!!