• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

dowload feature is missing in latest version?

Started by john_g, November 01, 2007, 11:10:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

john_g

Hi,

Download option for the softwares, is missing in the latest version. I have heard from you that you were fixing the download option problem which is present in the previous version. Having heard that, I am surprised that you don't have it in the latest version. Did you purposefully removed that feature or you had trouble implementing it fully?

When can we expect it to be implemented.

Also, have you guys deployed the latest version on your demo website or is it the previous version tht's running on your website?, In the latter case, please deploy the latest version.

Please, let us know.

Thanks,
John

Brian

Hello,

If you are referring to the new Digital Download feature in the latest (2.2.0.7) release, it is in fact included and working. 

The version of our demo is the latest (2.2.0.7) release as well.

Why do you say that the feature is missing?  Are you referring to something else?

Have you read the documentation for the Digital Download?  http://www.konakart.com/configurationfaq.php#How_can_i_configure_dig_down

Regards,
Brian

john_g

Yeah, I found the download option, I thought it was missing. Thanks a lot.

I tried it out, but am unable to find the download section on the users' home page.

Here's what i did.

I enabled the "digital download" option for the product and did exactly that's instructed in the FAQ's section. After confirming the order, by logging in through the User module, I logged in as the administrator and changed the order status to "Payment Received". After that, I logged again as a user and accessed the "My Account" page. I don't see the "Download" links on the "My Account" page. Am I missing something?......What could be the problem? Please, let me know.

Thanks,

John

pete

Hi John_g,

You were very close.

The code that sets up the digital download only executes after payment is received from the user, not when an administrator sets the status of an order.  Therefore to see this you would have to pay for the product through one of the payment options that will actually take a payment (eg. unlike "Cash On Delivery" which you probably used).

Regards,
Pete