• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Install KK 5.0.0 with Oracle 11g

Started by melkhalifi, January 17, 2011, 07:26:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

melkhalifi

Hi,
I am trying to install KK 5.0.0 with Database Oracle 11g.

The installation ends well but i has no acces to the Administration Application with admin Login.

When i switch to MySQL Database, All it's OK.

In console Tomcat, i have warning message who invites me to install any modules KK  :-\.

Any Idéa?

Thanks for your response.

Brian

You don't provide many details to help diagnose the problem you're having.   How did you install?  Can you try again using the wizard if you didn't use that?

If it's any consolation it should encourage you to know we test on Oracle 11g (and other Oracle versions) every night so there should be no problem.

Why don't you post the messages in your tomcat log then someone might be able to tell you what they mean.   They're probably telling you that certain features are not installed because you don't have the Enterprise Extensions.

melkhalifi

Hi,

Thanks for your response,

I use the wizard program to install KK (KK demos version).

Tomcat Warning Message:

(?:instantiateSolrMgr:?) Solr search engine functionality has not been installed
(?:instantiateAdminMultiStoreMgr:?) Admin Multi-Store functionality has not been installed
(?:instantiateAdminCustomerTagMgr:?) Admin CustomerTag functionality has not been installed
(?:instantiateAdminRewardPointMgr:?) RewardPoint functionality has not been installed

Regards,

Brian

Hi,

Using the wizard is the easiest way so that's good.  I'm struggling to work out what could have gone wrong if the installation went smoothly and the database was populated successfully.

Yes, you get those warnings in the Community Edition as those are Enterprise features.  You can ignore them however; it won't be a problem.

Brian

melkhalifi

Hi,

With this installation, i have acces to KK Administration Application Olny for users: cat@konakart.com and order@konakart.com
(cat@konakart.com can't see category Link ?).

No acces for Admin user: admin@konakart.com.

The way that i found to contourne this probleme of login is to desactive KK security:
konakart.security.disabled=true

Regards,

melkhalifi

Hi guys!

I confirm that the GUI installer and deployement admin works well.

I had probleme with Instalaltion Database Oracle 11g.

Thanks for your response.

Regards

ming

An Oracle bug might cause problems when installing.

Oracle have changed the default starting index for sequences in 11g so you have to change this for KonaKart to load its set-up data correctly.

See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPAPP-3913

and:  http://orawin.info/blog/2010/04/25/new-features-new-defaults-new-side-effects/

I think the best workaround is:

Disable deferred segment creation of Oracle by setting the initialization parameter DEFERRED_SEGMENT_CREATION to FALSE.

kate

Note that this is only a problem in Oracle 11gR2 ENTERPRISE edition where the new DEFERRED_SEGMENT_CREATION is set to TRUE.

A workaround for this has been added to the KonaKart installers from v5.6.0.0