• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Google checkout Amazon FPS

Started by jgardner16, October 27, 2010, 07:53:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jgardner16

Are there plans to support either google checkout or amazon FPS in the future?  Also for one page checkout why does the user have to fill in a username then a password then checkout.  Couldn't they just login on one page.

trevor

QuoteAre there plans to support either google checkout or amazon FPS in the future?

Not that I'm aware of although I think that these integrations are probably possible by customizing the product without requiring our intervention.

QuoteAlso for one page checkout why does the user have to fill in a username then a password then checkout.  Couldn't they just login on one page.

We supply all of the source code for the store-front so you can change the navigation aspects as you see fit (i.e. it is a relatively easy change to ask for username and password on the same page). At the moment it checks the username in order to determine whether you already exist as a registered customer. If you already exist, it asks you for your password, otherwise it asks for more details to complete the registration. The other way of doing it is to ask the customer whether he  has already registered or not like we do in our normal JSP based login / registration page . Note that you also have the possibility of logging in before the checkout process so that you get forwarded directly to the order confirmation page.