• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Wish List behaving strange ??? for different languages

Started by Sony George, October 14, 2010, 07:00:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sony George

Dear Konakart,

Please do this test
1) login to konakart,
2) add some product to wishlist
3) view the wishlist, added products are in the wishlist
4) now change the language
5) wish list disappeared
6) change to another language
7) add 2, 3 products more
8 ) view the wish list, shows the old added products in the wish list tile, but not in the wishlist view
9) switch back to the language changed in step 4
10) products added in step 7 has disappeared

if each products added to wish list in different languages, then none of them list in the wishlist
adding products to wishlist and changing the languages in all combinations create different wishlist which is not usable by the customer.

i think wish list should be unique like cart for all languages, am I wrong ??

thanks and regards

Sony George

Brian

Sony George

yes i reproduced it in your live demo, just before posting....
the email id i used was testtest@testtest.com and password abcd1234

steps

1) language = english, added 2 items in the wish list
now i changed the language to detch , now i can not see my wish list
if i go to the home, wish list tile is not displaying

2) added 1 product, can see my wish list, clicked the update wish list button, now two products added in the step one shows
i can now see the wish list tile,

3) changed the language to espanol, ho to home page, wish list tile is not displayed
added 1 product, then again added another product, now in wish list two products of step 1 and last added product of step three,

4) switched back to language english, and went to home page, wish list tile is not displaying, if i want to see it , i have to again add a product to wish list.

regards

Sony

Quote from: Brian on October 14, 2010, 07:17:32 pm
Can you reproduce this on our live demo at http://www.konakart.com/konakart/    ?

I can't.

Brian

I don't see what you're complaining about.  Is it that you just don't see the wish list tile on certain views?

If you repeat your steps and click on My Account you will see the wishlist with all products that you have added regardless of language so it looks fine to me.

Sony George

i just logged out and logged in, then took these screen shots,

1) after login my account page in that wish list tile is there showing 7 products, showing as 3,1,1,1, why it should show together, they are different because i added them in different languages (after_login_1.PNG)

2) clicked on show wish list link just near to wish list tile icon, now showing only 3 of the products only , where are the other 4 products ?? (show_wish_list.PNG)

3) i just registered now only, go and look at kk_wishlist, you can see multiple wish list in same user id with public_or_privete value as 0, how can i see all the 7 products together in my wishlist ??

regards

Quote from: Brian on October 14, 2010, 07:46:35 pm
I don't see what you're complaining about.  Is it that you just don't see the wish list tile on certain views?

If you repeat your steps and click on My Account you will see the wishlist with all products that you have added regardless of language so it looks fine to me.

Sony George

Dear konakart,
I have found the problem and also the fix,

when SetLocaleAction.do is called, then the users kkAppEng.getCustomerMgr().getCurrentCustomer().getWishLists() become empty,
so in the new language if i add another item to wish list, it is created as another new wish list

so after the code

// Get the new products for all categories
            kkAppEng.getProductMgr().fetchNewProductsArray(/* categoryId */ProductMgr.DONT_INCLUDE, /* fetchDescription */
            true);

in SetLocaleAction, i just added the following code to fetech the customers wish list

kkAppEng.getWishListMgr().fetchCustomersWishLists();

and now everything works fine

regards

Sony George

Brian

I did finally manage to reproduce a problem in this area.  It has been resolved for the next release.

Thanks for reporting it.

Sony George

:)

Quote from: Brian on October 18, 2010, 06:07:58 am
I did finally manage to reproduce a problem in this area.  It has been resolved for the next release.

Thanks for reporting it.