• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Multiportal issue

Started by cubillas, October 27, 2010, 11:12:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cubillas

Hello everyone,
I would like to realize a multiportal ecommerce application with konakart.
In more detail, I've three domain www.domain1.com, www.domain2.com, www.domain3.com and I need to map each domain on a single store. I have also to allow cross-shopping between stores, in this way each user can log in once and buy on multiple portals 

Can you give me any suggestions?
??? ??? ???

Thanks in advance

Cubillas

trevor

You need the Enterprise version of KonaKart that supports multi-store with shared customers.

cubillas

Thaks trevor for reply,

I suppose the Enterprise version allow me to create one konakart istance multi-store on one only domain (www.domain1.com),
but I need to map domain1 on store1, domain2 on store2 and domain3 on store3,  with shared customers.
Can the Enterprise version solve this problem? If it is possible, can you tell me the guidelines?

Best Regards
Cubillas

Michael

Yes you can do that with the Enterprise version.

There is a simple example/explanation of how to set this up in the User Guide.  See the  "Multi-Store Configuration and Administration" section.

trevor

The Enterprise version gives you a multi store server that supports shared customers and shared or non shared products between the stores.

The store-front applications can run within separate webapps and all communicate to the same server (or load balanced servers) using the SOAP or RMI APIs. Note that the store-fronts could also run within the same webapp and share JSPs if they are similar.

Note also that the type of API that you use is a configurable parameter. i.e. the store-front code is identical regardless of whether you use SOAP, RMI or plain Java APIs. KK looks after the plumbing.

cubillas

Thanks for solutions,
I think the best solution for my application is to use only one instance in multi-store mode how described in the manual,
but in this way each store has own categories....it's no good for me.
In my scenario I need to associate
1) each portal to multiple categories
2) products of a single store to multiple categories

In this case the user navigation will be:  portal --> category --> products

Is there the possibility of achieving what is described above?

Regards
Cubillas

trevor

In your scenario what is a portal and how does it differ from a single store?

cubillas

I would like that each portal is composed from a set of stores and a user can access the portal and not to the individual store.
What I need is a store where most sellers can insert their own products, but they can only modify its products and not those of the other
In this way I can associate my portal with a single store.

cubillas

Ops....I'm wrong,
in my scenario I have to associate more stores to one portal

Is it possible?

cubillas

this is an example of my scenario :

www.domain1.com ---> store1, store2, store3
www.domain2.com ---> store1, store4
www.domain3.com ---> store3,store5

Regards
Cubillas

trevor

Yes you can do that, by having a store for each domain (storeDom1, storeDom2, storeDom3) where storeDom1 can see products from store1, store2 and store3; storeDom2 can see products from store1 and store4 etc.

cubillas

Well, where do I find the configuration to do this?

trevor

You need to install the Enterprise Extensions. Then from the admin app you can set up your stores and share products between them.

cubillas

Thank you very much, I'll try this solution