• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Konakart setup in eclipse , compilation and war build

Started by praj, June 17, 2010, 11:00:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

praj

Hello,

I want to set up the source code for community version in eclipse.I want to setup in such a way
that i can compile and build war file through eclipse and ant.I can then directly deploy my war file in apache tomcat and run the application.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Prajakta

maverick

hi prajakta,

i dont know if u really have the source code of konakart, as in the community edition they only share source code till action classes and rest all other is in jars, i have tried building this whole of community edition in eclipse and was successful, u just need to import the source in the eclipse project.
thanks & regards
shiv

michaelwechner

Hi

I am still using vi(m), but I guess you have to import the "costum" dir within the konakart community package.

Also note that there is a build.xml which you can use for example to build the war files, e.g.

ant make_wars

HTH

Michael

maverick

Hello Michael,

Please tell me if in case if I want to add some more funcationality to say an existing module of Konakart, then do I have to extend the classes of Konakart, and in case where in I need to add more columns to the products table, then in which all places the changes will be required.

Many Thanks
Shiv

sergionni

Quote from: maverick on July 01, 2010, 08:38:03 am
hi prajakta,

i dont know if u really have the source code of konakart, as in the community edition they only share source code till action classes and rest all other is in jars, i have tried building this whole of community edition in eclipse and was successful, u just need to import the source in the eclipse project.
thanks & regards
shiv

Hi maverick, how did you managed to build project in Eclipse to see java classes?
I just managed to simply import the project(folder konakart) to Eclipse,and can't access .java files.Jars only.
Did you import separate project into Eclipse,e.g. konakart or konakart admin?

I'm new in Konakart.Thank you for answer.