• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

HTML versus XHTML (well-formed) within table products_description

Started by michaelwechner, May 25, 2010, 10:26:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelwechner

Hi

I have noticed that the table product_descriptions of the demo db of konakart contains not-well-formed HTML.

Is it possible somehow to enforce the editing tools of KonaKart that XHTML (well-formed) is saved?

Also I wanted to ask how this is handled by the SOAP interface? Is the not-well-formed HTML just moved into a CDATA block (e.g. description of products_id = '17')?

Thanks

Michael

julie

Regarding the enforcement of XHTML, if that's what you want you can use a custom engine and make a check on the insert and update product API calls before the call is actually passed on to th engine. http://www.konakart.com/docs/EngineCustomization.html

kate

QuoteIs it possible somehow to enforce the editing tools of KonaKart that XHTML (well-formed) is saved?

You can't add this kind of validation to the Admin App directly but since every function of the Admin App uses the Admin API you can use standard KonaKart customization techniques to add the required validation on the editProduct API call.  Eg..  you could create your own editProduct (in a custom engine) and validate your product description before calling KonaKart's editProduct.

QuoteAlso I wanted to ask how this is handled by the SOAP interface? Is the not-well-formed HTML just moved into a CDATA block (e.g. description of products_id = '17')?

You can look at the messages that AXIS 1.4 creates...  You'll see that it doesn't use CDATA sections but uses < > etc...

michaelwechner

Thanks very much for all your replies. I will have a closer look at the various possibilities and keep you posted on my findings.

Thanks

Michael