• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Locking of the product while the cutomer is making the payment and regiustering

Started by vaibhav1407, May 22, 2010, 07:45:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vaibhav1407

HI,

In one of my application, I need a scenario in which I have to lock the product while the customer is making the payment and filling some kind of forms that application shows him to fill up. Scenario is like this:

• There is one product P1 with 20 quantity in inventory

• The customer makes the order of 5 quantity of the product.

• He will be shown the form to fill up. There I need to show him some form of the timer during which the 5 quantity of the products will be blocked . Now if simultaneously another customer comes he should see the 15 products more . (As 5 are blocking for the customer)

• If the time period exceeds or there is some error in filling the form , the products should be released for the sale.

• If filling is complete, customer goes to payment gateway, if payment is success, the product is deliver to him otherwise the products quantity is released for the sale.

My question is how to manage this block and unblock of the product for some duration. Is there any feature in the KonaKart which I can invoke using KonaKart web service or is there any best practice to do this?

Thank You

Regards,
Vaibhav Saxena

trevor

vaibhav1407

Isn't there any built in feature in konakart. Otherwise i need to set distract quantity from product, make the update call and if exception occur re-add the quantity and add update he product again.

If i need to follow on this approach what is the best practice to do this