• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Single Sign On

Started by michaelwechner, May 12, 2010, 09:51:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DispatchMediaGroup

KonaKart and OpenCMS will be running on separate servers in disparate instances of Apache Tomcat.

julie

QuoteIf I understand your approach correctly, it seems to me that I would have to do some more extensive development of the KK OpenCMS module.  By coupling the two systems as closely as you seem to suggest, wouldn't I have to rewrite a lot of the functionality KK has provided me OOTB? 

Yes you would, but you would also get a seamless integration where all of the pages are Open CMS pages and the eCommerce functionality is integrated through APIs.

QuoteSo, I'd have to have layout pages and such for products, for checkout, etc.  KK has all of that already, and I want to try and use what they've given me with as little modification as needed.  Is that true, or am I over-complicating this?

A lot less work with this approach although the end result is that you have to maintain pages using different technologies. i.e. Open CMS pages and KK Struts/JSP pages.

QuoteI suppose I could throw some custom code in the Header.jsp and have it look for some OpenCMS User bean in the Session, perhaps, which it could then take and use to assign the pertinent data from that bean to its corresponding KK Struts elements on the JSP at checkout...?

I could see this working if you create your own struts action that you post to from Open CMS passing the user information and then storing it in the KK session so that the KK struts action classes can grab hold of it.