• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Export file is written in ASCII so unicode product descriptions are lost

Started by Sony George, April 21, 2010, 01:06:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sony George

Dear Konakart,

When we export the data using ExportFromKKUsingEng.bat a new file is created named exportedDataEng.txt
the problem is that the export/import utility is writing this file in ASCII format,
so if there is UNICODE data like product description is lost and turned to ? ? ? ? ?
because of this , the exported file cannot be imported to database..

is there any way to write the file as unicode ??
the following is the mysql url i use
torque.dsfactory.store1.connection.url      = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/konakartdb?zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&characterSetResults=UTF-8

i tried the following options,
first i created a file named exportedDataEng.txt  and made it UTF-8 encoding file, then tried the export, still the data was in ASCII,
i think the file i created in UTF-8 encoding was first deleted by kkimporter/exported and created a new ASCII file....

Please Advice

Regards

greg

This will be fixed in the next version of KonaKart (probably to be called v5.0.n.n and due out sometime in June)

For now your best bet is to write a simple import/export routine that uses the KonaKart APIs.

If required urgently, supported customers should get in touch through the normal channels.

Sony George

Dear Greg,

Please note that Import is also having the same problem, ie: if we try to import a Unicode data then, Unicode char are lost and illegal char are saved as product details

regards

Sony George

greg

Yes, thanks, it's the same problem.. again fixed in the next release (v5 release)