• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Bypass Admin Login - Straight onto Product Panel

Started by jcm464, April 19, 2010, 09:15:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

julie

If you want to use their own credentials then you have to convert them into admin customers and associate them with a role.

The API is the most flexible solution for adding data to custom fields to keep track of things. Remember that the Admin App also uses the API, so by using the custom engine for the admin App you could intercept the API calls and add extra information.

jcm464

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your reply.

"If you want to use their own credentials then you have to convert them into admin customers and associate them with a role."

The issue here is that I have to manually convert every single user into admin users. Basically, I have to log in to the admin console every day and assign them catalogue admin privileges. Do you know of a way to automate this process i.e once the user registers with the site they are automatically assign (by default) Catalog admin rights?

Thank you Julie!

julie

You can do it using the Admin API when they register. i.e. If you can do it from the admin app then you can also do it from the admin API.

jcm464

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your reply. I will try and do what you suggested this week.

Thank you Julie!

jcm464

Hi Julie,

I'm able to add a product and upload all 4 images in the konakart admin console and I'm also able to see image 1 in the store front. However, when I click on the picture to view the product details and further info I can not see any images at all(not showing 4 images in SelectProduct.do).

Any idea why I can not see the 4 images?

Thank you Julie!

greg

Our demo storefront application doesn't use images 2, 3 and 4.

It derives the names of the 9 images for each product from the name in image 1.

If you want your product images to behave like the demo products you need to define 9 images with this naming convention:   (change "image" below for your unique image name)

image.jpg                         (THIS IS THE ONE YOU DEFINE AS image 1)
image_1.jpg
image_1_big.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_2_big.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_3_big.jpg
image_4.jpg
image_4.big.jpg

This is only an example.  You can change the storefront application to display product images any way you like... eg. you could change it to display images 1 to 4 in whatever way you choose.

We merely provide an example with a neat little javascript viwer to get you started.

jcm464

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried do add all 9 images and can now see all 4 images but when I click on the  picture I can not see larger version (big).

In the admin console there are 4 image fields to upload the pictures. Do I need to upload all 3 pictures for image (image, image_1,image_1_big) in image field 1 and do the same for the remaining set of pictures (image_2, image_2_big in image field 2) etc.

Thank you

greg

Can't you work it out by looking at the URL it's using?  My earlier explanation should be sufficient.

jcm464

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply.Got it to work at last.

regards