• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Manual PostgreSQL install problems

Started by moamoa, April 05, 2010, 01:56:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moamoa

Hi,

I am trying to install a new empty store on PostgreSQL using the the sql srcipts manaully, but I am not clear on the process.

The konakart_new_store.sql script seems to be the one to run, however, it seems to update an existing database. So, I thought I needed to install the demo database first by running konakart_demo.sql.

Running the demo install creates a working databse that konakart runs against fine. This script seems to set the store_id on the tables to null.

When you run the new_store script against this database it tries to delete where store_id = "TARGET_STOREID" as this is hard coded into the srcipt, it then then inserts rows with store_id set to TARGET_STOREID.

This these leave the database with all the orignal rows from the demo with a null store_id and some rows from the new_store script, with store_id set to TARGET_STOREID?

I can see what it is trying to do, but there seems to be something missing to bring this together?

1. Is null correct for a single store in the database or should it have a value? How do I do this?

2. There seems to be other scripts ending in _cs and and with _ms_ in their names in the postgres folder, what are these? I can't see anything documented to explain this.

Basically, how do I manaully get to a emply database ready to start laoding my own store data?

thanks.

greg

QuoteThe konakart_new_store.sql script seems to be the one to run,

No.. this is for Multi-store.  You need to run the konakart_demo.sql for your db

Quotehowever, it seems to update an existing database. So, I thought I needed to install the demo database first by running konakart_demo.sql.

Correct

QuoteRunning the demo install creates a working databse that konakart runs against fine. This script seems to set the store_id on the tables to null.

Correct

QuoteWhen you run the new_store script against this database it tries to delete where store_id = "TARGET_STOREID" as this is hard coded into the srcipt, it then then inserts rows with store_id set to TARGET_STOREID.

This is for Multi-store.. you're not using that unless you have the Enterprise Extensions.

Quote1. Is null correct for a single store in the database or should it have a value? How do I do this?

Null is fine

Quote2. There seems to be other scripts ending in _cs and and with _ms_ in their names in the postgres folder, what are these? I can't see anything documented to explain this.

All Enterprise-only scripts

QuoteBasically, how do I manaully get to a emply database ready to start laoding my own store data?

You can run konakart_demo.sql and delete what you don't want from the Admin App or you can modify konakart_demo.sql before you run it.

moamoa