• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Konakart Integration in Multi Application Enviorement

Started by vaibhav1407, March 15, 2010, 12:39:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vaibhav1407

HI,
Well this is my first post to the KonaKart Forum thread and hope that i will got the best solution of the problem that i am facing.

I am integrating the konakart to one of my application where i need to sell some of the SMS plans and some of the products too. I want to leverage the full flows of the konakart. What I want that if user click on buy sms plans, application redirect him to the konakart server and display the products list. Now when the user pay for the product he comes back to the application again.

In this scenario I want.

1. If user click on say Buy..He redirect to konakart server, but he even dont knows that he is redirected to another server. All header and footer of the view is same.

2. If the user is log in the application, he do not need to log in again in konakart and the user information is also viewable in the header
3. in konakart i need to access the user data from the application.
4. when the user comes back to the application after the payment done, he is seeing himself log in.

Can anyone provide me the best practice to achieve this. Please help

Regards,
Vaibhav Saxena

trevor

A lot depends on what application you are integrating with and what technology it is using. You could follow different approaches:

• Install KK + app within the same web app. This would enable you to call KK functionality directly from app. It assumes that app is written in Java

• Call KK functionality through SOAP APIs. This allows app to be written in any language and to be installed on different servers to KK. See our integration with Open CMS.

• Integrate KK functionality through iFrames which again allows KK to be installed on different servers.

• Integrate KK functionality through a JSR 168 portlet. See our integration with Liferay.

vaibhav1407

Thanks trevor,
Nice to see your reply.We are using Spring as the back-end in the application that we are developing. Well we are deciding to integrate it using the soap calls having the konakart in the same tomcat server but on different port instead. From there i will use the admin soap jar and client soap jar. Can we on successful input taken from the user like quantity etc, open the payment gateway interface using the soap service and provide a url which is redirected when successful payment is made by user and a error url if it fails?

Thank You
Regards,
Vaibhav

trevor

The nice aspect of our SOAP APIs is that your code is identical. You can activate SOAP through a properties file of the application, or in your case just by instantiating the SOAP engine rather than the normal one since they  implement identical interfaces. This means that all of the SOAP calls are made by the KonaKart engine and that you could decide further down the line to install KonaKart in the same webapp and not use SOAP, without having to change any of your code.

The functionality of the payment gateways doesn't change based on whether you are or are not using SOAP.