• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

search by attributes(For attribute)

Started by sivaprakashcg, October 19, 2007, 02:19:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sivaprakashcg

Hi,
   i have doubt in searching the product. lets say, Product Nokia 1110i in the mobile category and also it contains attributes like color(white,black),display(black,white).which i have added in admin side.

From client side is it possible to search with attribute ,
      lets say.. i have to search.. product based on manufacture,category,atttribute of the product.....
whether any API available for this search based on product options(Attribute)

Regards,
sivaprakah.G

julie

Hi,

The API call you need to use is called searchForProducts() . One of the parameters that you supply is a ProductSearch object. In this object you can specify :

• The category

• The manufacturer

• The price range

• The date range for when the product was added

• Search Text, and whether to search in just the name or in the description as well

Regards,

Julie

sivaprakashcg

Hi julie,
          Thanks a lot. you have helped me a lot.
           Even i have to search the product based on the product option values(Attribute of the product)[eg:- version,color,size,memory,model etc.,,]
           I have to search based on this attributes . Can u tell me . is there any API available for this search.

Thanks.

Regards.
sivaprakash.G

julie

Hi,

There is no API that searches the options of a product. If this is important for you, for someone to search on say "black", what I suggest is for you to add a section in the description that says something like "The Nokia 1110i is available in the following colors black, white etc. etc."

Regards,

Julie