• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

onepagecheckout issue in IE7

Started by Iruñea, February 16, 2010, 02:13:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iruñea

Hi!

I get a Javascript error when I try to checkout with the onepagecheckout tool in InternetExplorer 7. I. have no problem with Firefox. Because I had made some configuration on the classes (under E:\konakart\custom\onepagecheckout\src\com\konakart\client), I decided to make a totally fresh installation on another machine with the windows installer (KonaKart-4.2.0.1-Windows-Setup.exe) and filling in the database with installer database.

I keep on having this problem on InternetExplorer 7.0! (Firefox works fine). Because its in IE, I can not debug. The only I see is is a javascript error: 'b' is null or not an object
And the screen where the form to enter the email should appear is white.

Did you heard about this issue??

Thanks!
Iruñea

PD: At konakartadmin - StoreConfiguration:
Enables One Page Checkout -> TRUE
Enables Checkout Without Registration-> FALSE

Iruñea

This is the error I see in IE with debugbar:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Line: 424
Character: 19
Code: 0
Error Message: 'b' is null or not an object
URL: http://10.0.10.147:88/konakart/D844C0524A8B6A84E42C85AFD59875A1.cache.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find strange that I get this error after out-of-the-box installation. This is my 424 line of that file:

function ifb(b,a){return CT(b.b,nS(),a)}

Could somebody check that after a fresh installing of KKv4.2.0.1 on Windows, OnePageCheckout functionallity works fine when using Internet Explorer? I am stuck...  :'(

Thanks,
Iruñea

Iruñea

Ok, I discovered this is a known problem in Konakart v4.2.0.1:

http://www.konakart.com/downloads/known-problems:---------------

Error displaying One Page Checkout in IE7:
Note that there is no problem with IE8. An error ("Error: 'b' is null or not an object") will occur if you run the GWT-based One Page Checkout using IE7. To fix this, simply upgrade the files in the following KonaKart_OnePageCheckout_4.2.0.1_5028.zip (322KB) patch kit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The patch contains the compiled files of out-of-the-box tool for onepagecheckout. So this solves the problem for people that didn't made any customizations. But I had customizations done on the classes. And if Im not mistaken, GWT code from the path is not 'decompilable'. My question is:
Will konakart made public the onepagecheckout code BEFORE compiled ? Otherwise I could not use my customizations.

Thanks, konakart is great!
Iruñea

greg

The simplest solution is to comment out two lines in the onModuleLoad() method of Konakart.java.

These two lines should be commented out:

// Hook the window resize event, so that we can adjust the UI.
// remove to resolve IE7 problems   Window.addWindowResizeListener(this);

// Add history listener
// remove to resolve IE7 problems   History.addHistoryListener(this);

This should make your one page checkout code work in IE7 and still be fine in the other major browsers as well.

Side note...

Currently the one page checkout code is using a number of deprecated methods...  In the next release we will not use any of these.

Iruñea

Thanks Greg, that worked like a charm.

Thanks,
Iruñea