• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

how to save data per product per order, not increment quantity

Started by wharris47, February 09, 2010, 06:19:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wharris47

Greetings,

Can I customize Konakart, in order to save some data with a product per EACH order, and add another item instead of incrementing the quantity?

Here's an example: In a shop selling embroidered shirts, the user selects 5 large shirts embroidered with 'john doe' on them.  he then selects 5 more large shirts with 'john hancock' embroidered on them. This should result in 2 line items in the order, and not increment the quantity of what is already in the basket.

I believe this would best be handled if you could have a product option that didn't take a pre-defined value, and was set by a textbox.  I am currently storing the embroidered name in the custom1 field of the basket item, however if the user continues shopping, only the quantity is updated.

Any direction would be much appreciated.

julie

The AddToBasketOptions object has an attribute called allowMultipleEntriesForSameProduct which should be set to true. By default it is set to false.

wharris47

That works if the user is already logged in, or until the user logs in.  When the basket is copied from the guest customer basket to the customer basket, the line items are combined.  I'm having trouble tracking down where this is happening, or how to override this.