• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

UPS, Fedex, USPS bar code shipping labels

Started by bubba64, January 02, 2010, 11:11:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bubba64

If KonaKart had bar code shipping label printing integrated within the shopping cart this would be a highly valued feature. I can imagine that this would be quite a task, but it could be an enterprise feature (unless you still wanted to make it a community level feature and capture even more market share). Even a smaller company like ourselves that has no need for the enterprise features would have to choose the enterprise extensions simply due to the time saving advantages of being able to click and ship orders directly from KonaKart (now shipping is done by re-entering copying/pasting the information from the KonaKart system into the shipping software).

1) Users would have there own UPS, Fedex, or USPS account numbers to use.
2) Intuit's Quickbooks accounting software does this for its users. Users can print a shipping label (UPS and Fedex) from the same screen that an invoice is created from.
3) An even cooler feature would be the ability to have multiple rates listed (ie UPS and Fedex rates) so that the order processor could print and ship using the least expensive route.

I have no idea how involved this would be, but I can see the value in it as a KonaKart user. It would be an awesome feature.

bubba64

Any plans or discussions to integrate UPS, FedEx, etc. bar code shipping label capability in KonaKart admin. This would be HUGE, at least in the USA!

kate

In v5.2.0.0 two features were introduced that might help with this:

1) Added a new method to the Shipping Module Interface designed for the purpose of integrating KonaKart with 3rd Party Shipping Applications.  An example is provided for UPS WorldShip which uses the Auto-Import feature to import Orders from KonaKart.

2) New exportOrder API call for exporting orders in various ways which can be specified in an options parameter.  One option is to export the full order as XML.

You could easily integrate with UPS Worldship (using 1) for label printing and ordering shipments with UPS (and all the other things that UPS WorldShip provides...