• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Session Maintainace in Admin GUI

Started by sivaprakashcg, October 15, 2007, 05:20:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sivaprakashcg

Hi,
     Am seeing some difference in session maintainance at adminGUI. May i know how the session is maintained in admin side.
Because when am clicking the refresh .It automatically redirect to Login page.So that i have asking about this issue..

Regards,
sivaprakash.G 

julie

October 15, 2007, 03:25:12 pm #1 Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 03:37:35 pm by julie
Hi Sivaprakash,

Yes, in the KonaKart Admin App up to and including the 2.2.0.6 release, the browser refresh will reload the admin app into the browser and force you to login again as it deliberately clears the state.  It's designed so that you shouldn't need to hit the refresh button, unless perhaps you need to load a new version of the admin app.

However, in the next release there are some changes in this area.  In KonaKart Admin App v 2.2.0.7, after the browser refresh is clicked, the user will return to the page they were on prior to the refesh.   The Admin App uses cookies for this information so it'll only work if cookies are enabled.

A much more significant change in the 2.2.0.7 release is the new role-based security for the Admin App.   This should be available later this week.  For news of this and notification of all new releases, ensure you register for the forum newsletter - a mail is sent out when new releases become available.

Julie

sivaprakashcg

Hi julie,
Oh.. Nice to hear this news. We are awaiting for your next release, Bcoz already konakart has all facility. In your next release there might be lot of improvements. So its great news for us.

I have seen one thing from your reply and concluded that u have used cookies.But it is in hex decimal.May i know..How u r generating that value. whether its random value or its related to user id. Can u tell me.Please help me.

julie

Hello Sivaprakash,

QuoteBut it is in hex decimal.May i know..How u r generating that value. whether its random value or its related to user id. Can u tell me.Please help me.

Can you explain why it is important for you to know these details? 

Thanks,
Julie

julie

Hi Sivaprakash,

You should always get the session from a login call to the API and not generate it yourself.  Note that there are different logins and session Ids for the KonaKart application API and the KonaKart Admin API.

I'm afraid that for security reasons we don't think it's appropriate to disclose the way the session Ids are produced.

I still don't understand why you need to know this anyway, since you should get the sessionId from a login call to either API.

Perhaps I've misunderstood your question?

Regards- Julie