• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Data base info for install of KonaKart

Started by fortysixseven, October 07, 2014, 02:49:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fortysixseven

Hello,
Please excuse my ignorance. I was on the phone with my tech support at Hostmonster for an hour last night regarding the infomation to use to fill in the data base info during the Kona Kart installation on my desktop. Tech support could not tell me the name of the data base URL and the data base Driver.

My database name is wcgowack_467
my web host cPanel is with Hostmonster

Any help would be great...Thank you,
Bill

julie

You need to know what type of database you are using. Once you've figured this out, the konakart.properties file will show you the format of typical URL / Driver definitions for each different database type that KonaKart supports.

# Examples:

#torque.database.store1.adapter             = mysql
#torque.dsfactory.store1.connection.driver  = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
#torque.dsfactory.store1.connection.url     = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/dbname?zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull

#torque.database.store1.adapter             = postgresql
#torque.dsfactory.store1.connection.driver  = org.postgresql.Driver
#torque.dsfactory.store1.connection.url     = jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/konakart

#torque.database.store1.adapter             = oracle
#torque.dsfactory.store1.connection.driver  = oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
#torque.dsfactory.store1.connection.url     = jdbc:oracle:thin:@dbhost:1521:dbname

#torque.database.store1.adapter             = db2net
#torque.dsfactory.store1.connection.driver  = com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver
#torque.dsfactory.store1.connection.url     = jdbc:db2://leedsutd:50000/konakart

#torque.database.store1.adapter             = mssql
#torque.dsfactory.store1.connection.driver  = net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
#torque.dsfactory.store1.connection.url     = jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://westham:1597/konakart;SelectMethod=cursor