• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Konakart is really free?

Started by Jimmy, November 09, 2007, 02:03:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy

Hi, Konakart Team,

I have read the "Legal Disclaimer" of this Website.
In section 2 ( "Limited right to use" ), it has been told that Konakart can not be used for
commercial purpose.

So, in this case, can you tell me Konakart is really free?

Thanks a lot!

Jimmy

paolo

Hi Jimmy,

KonaKart is absolutely free.

Section 2 starts off like this :

This web site is owned and operated by DS Data Systems. Unless otherwise specified, all Materials on this web site are the property of DS Data Systems and are protected by English copyright laws and .... bla bla bla

It is really aimed at the contents of the web site. The downloads have a separate license agreement http://www.konakart.com/documents/LICENSE.txt .

Hope this clarifies things,

Paolo

Jimmy

Please allow me to quote following part of the License Agreement:

3. Usage Restrictions. You must not use the program in any manner that jeopardizes or violates the manufacturers' copyrights. This includes modifying, translating, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling and reducing the program to a humanly perceivable form, or creating derivative works based upon the program, or causing another to do so without giving recognition to KonaKart as specified in point 5.

Can I understand as:
if giving recognition to KonaKart as specified in point 5, I can modify, translate,
and create derivative works based upon this program ( or cause another to do so).

In fact, I really need to do those things if I choose Konakart as a base of my special project!

Looking forward to your reply!

Jimmy

pete

Hi Jimmy,

Yes, you can do those things but you must give recognition to KonaKart as specified.  It's not really very much to ask  :)

How are you getting on with your special project?

Regards -Pete

srinathv77

Can I use Konakart for commercial shopping cart application? Can I chaneg the Logo KonaKart to My Company Logo. But i can keep the footer as is. Will there be any violation in doing so?

heidi

Hello,

QuoteCan I use Konakart for commercial shopping cart application?

Yes of course!

QuoteCan I chaneg the Logo KonaKart to My Company Logo.

Yes, we would expect people to change the logo to their own.

QuoteBut i can keep the footer as is

Yes, you have to leave the "Powered by KonaKart" link (see licence link below)

QuoteWill there be any violation in doing so?

Please see the licence at http://www.konakart.com/documents/LICENSE.txt

Heidi

jbarb

QuoteCan I chaneg the Logo KonaKart to My Company Logo.

Yes, we would expect people to change the logo to their own.

QuoteBut i can keep the footer as is

Yes, you have to leave the "Powered by KonaKart" link (see licence link below)

Heidi
[/quote]

What is the easiest way to change the existing KonaKart (3.2.0.0) storefront logo to my company logo and other storefront text/graphics.
I have loaded most of my products in the database and want to get it online as soon as possible. My existing web host uses java script on all his servers.

The KonaKart storefront configuration works well with my products and I would simply like to change to my co logo and some of the graphics, while maintaining the "powered by KonaKart" at the base of the storefront.

Thanks,

jbarb

julie

The logo is in Header.jsp.
All images are in the webapps\konakart\images directory.
The style sheets are under webapps\konakart\styles.

Hope that helps.

kfowler

It is free? I'm going to try it.  :)

Brian

Yes the Community Edition is completely free...   You can download it from the KonaKart website at http://www.konakart.com/downloads

With the Community Edition we require that you display the "Powered By KonaKart" link on your store as defined in our license agreement at http://www.konakart.com/downloads/license   This is not required if you choose the Enterprise Extensions version.

Good luck with using KonaKart  :)

Dishant

Dear Admin,

Since it is not mentioned in the license, that's why i am asking this point here.

Is it mandatory to keep "Powered by Konakart" at the center of the footer ?

I mean i will definitely keep it in the footer section but will it be a violation if i shift that link to extreme right or left  or anywhere else in my footer section ?

Thanks,
Dishant

ming

Hi Dishant,
It explains in the license how that should appear... no it's doesn't have to be in the middle but the size, prominence and legibility is specified.
Thanks.