• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

address format problem...

Started by Sony George, June 15, 2009, 11:58:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sony George

Hello,

I want to reflect address custom fields in my address format,
so in the konakartadmin --->Localizations -->AddressFormats
i added a new address format, this is the format

$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $postcode$cr$state, $country$cr$custom1$cr$custom2$cr$custom3

then i assigned this address format to my Country India in Locations/Taxes--->Countries

restarted the server, then logged into konakart, but my address are comming in this format

Sony George
Kozhuppakalam
Vellor
PuthenCruz, 682308
Kerala, India
$custom1
$custom2
$custom3

ie: the custom1, custom2 and custom3 are not replaced....

NB: I have saved values to address custom fields

i tried the variables $custom1, $addressCustom1, $addcustom1, $addCustom1 etc.... none of this worked

is any other things, i have to do to achive this

thanks and regards

trevor

Custom fields aren't used by the address formatter. What type of data do you require after country in the address ?

Sony George

Hello Trevor,

I need Mobile no. and land line No. as part of the address book ,
but now, in konakart, telephone no. is part of customer

here in india, the typical scenario of a courier company is

1) from shopping cart Item is passed to courier company with address and telephone nos, (both mobile and land line)
2) courier company delivers the item to the local branch at customer's area,
3) the local courier company branch calls up customer on his mobile no. to locate his house/flat, if mobile no. fails, calls on his land line
4) courier company delivers the product to the customer

So with the address book, i need telephone nos.
for this i edited the custom fields in NewAddrBody.jsp , EditAddrBody.jsp and RegisterCustomerBody.jsp and saved these values to
addrees_book table, so now i needed this custom fields in Address Format

another scenario is,
if the customer want to gift the item, then the phone no. needed by the courier company is of the shipping address
not of the customer's telephone no.

thanks and regards

Sony George

Hello Trevor,

any updates ??

thanks and regards

Sony George

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

I have noticed that the custom attributes of address is not saved to order table
because , there is no column to store the address custom values in order table,
such as delivery_custom1, delivery_custom2, delivery_custom3, delivery_custom4, delivery_custom5, and also
billing_custom1, billing_custom2, billing_custom3, billing_custom4, billing_custom5,
and so konakart is not saving these values to order table
so the values are not shown in the admin panel of orders

any work around to fix this ???

regards

julie

If you want to store custom data in the order object, you can use the custom order attributes.

Sony George

Quote from: julie on June 24, 2009, 08:23:38 am
If you want to store custom data in the order object, you can use the custom order attributes.

Hello Julie,
i think you did not read the post from the beginning..

my problem is , i am using the custom fields  of address table to store mobile no. and Residence no.
but when using address format, this values are not displayed, also in the order table, these values are not saved as
delivery_custom1, delivery_custom2, delivery_custom3, delivery_custom4, delivery_custom5, and also
billing_custom1, billing_custom2, billing_custom3, billing_custom4, billing_custom5, because there is no column in order table

when i take the ShowOrderDetails.do?orderId=6, then the values that are shown in this page (ShowOrderDetailsBody.jsp) is taken from the order table,

please see the attached screenshots

so in the admin app --->order panel, the custom fields values are not shown when i take packing slip print or invoice print.

regards

julie

I did read the post.

Since the custom address fields aren't in the order object you can save this data in the order's custom fields and format the address manually (i.e. your code) however you see fit.